PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Feeling a bit cooler, but upstairs windows still open. DH is on nights tonight so depending on how it goes I might be putting the winter duvet on tomorrow! I'm keeping the windows open for as long as possible, we get quite a lot of condensation and having the windows open helps, especially when we have showers/baths. I do like a bit of fresh air coming in even cold fresh air!

Pollys x
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • I am cold but holding out as it's just me for the next 3 weeks. I do have my dog sat in my feet keeping them warm though.

Tbh my house is ok but I get cold sat around at work and by the time I get home it takes me ages to warm up. I am thinking of buying thermals as there is often just the 4 of us in a huge great area so really cold.

I love my modern house but miss my log burner in my old house in evenings like this. If I had it, it would be lit:o
    Can I ever learn this budgeting lark? So far it's not looking promising
    Lloyds loan - gone forever! :T
    Bank of Mum and Dad gone forever!
    Emergency Fund £1500 :T
  • OFF and won't be going on till much later in the year, it's chilly here and has been for weeks:( Trying to get washing dry is a complete nightmare I have a drier but I'm loathed to put it on, I did manage to get some washing out on the line inbetween rain showers today :) also hanging washing up in my house causes condensation and dampness which has gradually gotten worse. I was so cold last night and didn't sleep well, duvet isn't much good I will be taking 2 hot water bottles to bed with me tonight and wearing thick socks.

:beer:
    I love this place :j:T:j
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Off presently, but that is only because it was really warm in the conservatory and I opened the doors to let the heat come through late this morning and this afternoon. We have said that we will have the heating on for one hour in the evening if it gets colder and then have it on timed when October and the cold really kicks in. Trying to hold off from having it on to save for later!

Boiler was serviced today by the engineer. Ths is a new boiler which was replaced the first week of October last year. I remember it being a very cold week with allot of rain. We had to use the fire to heat the house throughout.
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Feels chilly here, but boys' rooms are at 19 and 20, so no heater needed yet. We'll hold out for awhile longer, but we are digging out the winter clothing this week, definitely!
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • Turned ours ON last night but the stat is set at 16c, it came on for ten minutes first thing this morning and hasn't been on since. Filled the oil tank (56p/l) and the coal bunker (£17.80 per 50kg bag of Pureheat) - though I'll try and use as much wood as I can until it turns really cold. We would have left the fire and heating off but the house feels so damp after weeks of rain and wind.
  • have been wearing a jumper with thick cardi on top and woolly slippers. such a sexy look...............................
  • redlady_1
    redlady_1 Posts: 1,601
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Burner is going and so is the Eco fan. Its lovely here.
  • RazWaz
    RazWaz Posts: 1,070
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's off, but I've been stuck on the sofa with a bunch of blankets for the last few days anyway due to illness. Not sure how I'd be feeling without the blankets.
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    On in the mornings to warm the place up, then off while I do me cleaning. Have had the little gas heater on in the living room from about 4ish when it seems to get a bit chilly.

The 'big' duvet had gorn back on though, as I was freezing last night. Won't be too long before the heating is on in winter mode I fear though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback