Anyone tried Starling Bank?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    What problems have you had? I've been using both the Android and iOS versions for almost a month now without a single issue.

I get the ' no internet connection ' message. It means the app can't 'talk' to the bank, although it does record if I pay money in or pay money out from the app. My overdraft isn't shown either, although I confirmed with the helpdesk that this is one of the bugs!
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I get the ' no internet connection ' message. It means the app can't 'talk' to the bank, although it does record if I pay money in or pay money out from the app. My overdraft isn't shown either, although I confirmed with the helpdesk that this is one of the bugs!

What phone? My overdraft shows on both phones.
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    What phone? My overdraft shows on both phones.

HTC 10. I've reinstalled the app and it still gets the error. Starling have acknowledged there is a bug.

Edited to say they updated the app and its now working again.
  • gallifreyangirl
    Options
    Have switched my account over to them including my salary . Had thre issue the over week with my overdraft not showing since update now working. Love interface and card and works flawlessly on my iPhone 7 plus. Signed up got code after messessging on Facebook and up and running with sort code and account number. Used my driving license with camera scan and activated my card the same way.
  • therealjr
    Options
    Doesn't work on PC. If you have an android phone it needs to be version 6 or higher which means a lot of phones on sale now will not work
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    therealjr wrote: »
    Doesn't work on PC. If you have an android phone it needs to be version 6 or higher which means a lot of phones on sale now will not work
    Starling is introduced from the start as 'mobile only' - It works fine on my Android 5.1 (no longer on sale).
    Evolution, not revolution
  • d123
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    Starling is introduced from the start as 'mobile only' - It works fine on my Android 5.1 (no longer on sale).

Android 5.0 and up according to the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starlingbank.android&hl=en
    ====
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Perhaps, like me, you've been paid your interest for June twice this morning - unfortunately it's an error and one payment will be reversed at some point.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • d123
    Options
    Perhaps, like me, you've been paid your interest for June twice this morning - unfortunately it's an error and one payment will be reversed at some point.

Only showing one payment in, at least so far.
    ====
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I've been paid twice, i'll just wait for the adjustment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure