Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,802
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Adorable Christmas list from DD
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Went to a craft evening at church last night and it was lovely. Beautifully set up, tables with crafts for people to pay and do, as well as stalls. I'd not realised that I could have a table, butI'd fortunately taken enough stuff to display and my friend is an expert at displaying my stuff and made it look wonderful! We chatted and made owls for a couple of hours, got lots of compliments about the stuff, and came home with £26. Sweet!

But I am full of sore throat and the snot is starting. Yuk.

But... It has tried to snow and we were just about awakw in time to see a smattering of the white stuff on the flat roof. Dd is all made up about it!

I still have to take dd to dance as dh cannot drive, and go costume searching whilr she leaps elegantly around.

Got 10 hours sleep - only woken by dd thudding in.

4 little bunnies sold, they are more popular than the big ones. The 4 I need to finish for dd's fair have arms and bodies stuffed. Just legs and attaching to go - a good feeling as week days I have so little spare time at the mo.

Enough wittering.

Thank you for popping by.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Take it easy Apple. Sounds like a horrible lurgy.

The sun is trying hard to come out :)

Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • I am fighting off a cold too.
    I just haven't time! The fair sounds great.
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Dance has been danced and a grey t-shirt for next week's Stone Age day has been found. Result.

Lurgi is been held at bay by lemsip and tablets.

We have Annie on - boy is it a sad film!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Woken once again by dd - this time at 8am. And the house is full of condensation from the drop in temperature coupled with a wash being on the airer and some radiators. Hasn't affected the coffee though! And the sun is currently shining.

Am in awe of people who are already planning next year. I have just about managed to get the term dates on our goggle calendar and that's about it. I looked at a website that Pearla linked to, with an awesome blog about planning, lists, all creatively done. But waaay beyond my capabilities! I just about manage to stumble from month to month...and I guess that suits me, for now. All my 'social' stuff seems to be work-related or governor meetings!

I do really miss my crafting time. Not that I need to make anything else, just that I have nothing much on the go, and do have rather a lot of things I need to shift out. I may start on a jumper/cardi for dd, a longer project...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    A day of minimal doings.

Yet still managed to over-exert myself in the garden. It started off as going out to do some 'tidying up' and morphed into trying to pull up raspberry canes, giving up and cutting them down instead, then forking over the soil, removing as many weeds as poss and producing as many worms as poss for the friendly robin who appeared. And I still only did half the area.

No church, no PA, no kids klub. A day well spent at home, all of us pottering round. I've finished the bunnies apart from their noses. My book is finished. Dd has had a great time with her sylvanians. Dh has got the tv pc working so we can play dvds again.

Lunches are ready for tomorrow. Dh has announced that he will return to work on Tuesday, which is 3 days earlier than I was expecting, so I'm mentally planning how to fit in all the dd stuff again and retain some sanity. :eek:

No kettlebell swings for a while - too worn out from doing nowt. Only 28% left, but that is 2,800 in the next 8 days...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Chilly start to the week. I love the cold though, and am doubly glad that the forecast is not for any rain today as 'wet breaks' send the kids crazy!

I shall be taking dd to Thorntns one day soon, to buy us some Cmas chocs - it is hard for her to go round eg aldee, and just not be able to have any of their Christmassy chocs as they almost all 'may contain gluten'.

My last day of being able to mooch on here at this time of the morning for a while...

Scrambled eggs are calling me - best go answer them,
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    I have a reprieve! Dh is now not going back to work tomorrow.

The day went fairly well. All y9s that were present did their mini speaking test and I had some very worthwhile chats with several of them about whether they are planning to continue with the language next year - at least a couple of kiddies want to do 2 langs - yay! And some are rightly opting not to do my one-also yay!

Took another bag to the Sally Army. Also had a chat with dd about the cardi I want to knit for her. She wants a blue one, so I may have to actually buy the yarn - gulp.

Still no kettlebell swings for me yet. Am recovering but do not think it would be 'a good idea'.

NSD #16 today. Smug face is on.

Dd's Cmas fair is on Sat. Hmmm. Best think about set up and price list. Also need to get the Cmas box down from the loft, for the mini tree. (that sentence makes me think of The Goode Life and the Christmas in a box episode!)
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Today:
    -work
    -mark
    -see naughty children
    -get Cmas box down
    -design price list
    -paperwork for dd's taekwondo grading
    -park t'other side of dd's school
    -brownies

Now for breakfast...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback