Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
MSE Staff
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:07PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Usio Energy Supply

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• gordonbennet
    gordonbennet Posts: 229
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You have to agree to having a smart meter installed
    I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my opinion. Don't go acting on legal advice you get from a stranger on the internet!
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You have to agree to having a smart meter installed

If you opt for their Green Lite tariff (dual fuel or electric only options), you can keep your existing, non-smart meter.

http://usioenergy.com/tariffs/
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Have recently switched (on 6th May) from npower to Usio on their "Home After 7pm" fixed tariff. The switch itself went smoothly and within the 21 days.

I've already got a smart meter installed, but am just waiting for them to contact me about installing their own (they confirmed they would be in touch).

Will give you all an update a few months in to see how they are performing.
  • I joined today and then noticed that they take direct debits in advance so l quit. No prepayments for me! I!!!8217;m surprised this isn!!!8217;t mentioned on the Energy Club page like it does for other companies. I!!!8217;m going elsewhere for my energy, thanks.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I joined today and then noticed that they take direct debits in advance so l quit. No prepayments for me! I!!!8217;m surprised this isn!!!8217;t mentioned on the Energy Club page like it does for other companies. I!!!8217;m going elsewhere for my energy, thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Why are you against paying in advance when you pay for most things before supply? All consumer energy credit balances are now fully protected by Ofgem. You will pay your ISP in advance, if it goes bust you may not get a penny back.

The reason why small suppliers ask for a month’s payment at the start of supply is because they have to pay their wholesalers in advance. They also end up paying more for Bank credit than the Big 6 as they have yet to establish a business credit rating. The advantage to you is that they can offer the cheapest prices. The fact that they do not pay WHD also helps.
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Update:

So far so good. I've had a problem on their website in entering my gas meter reading (electric works fine), so have emailed my reading - but customer service have logged a call with their systems people to look into it. The thing I am impressed with is that once my readings are updated on their system it appears to give me an up to date balance of whether I am in debit or credit. I recall with npower it often took until the next quarterly bill for me to find out, which was pretty rubbish (I've no idea what the rest of the Big 6 are like for that - or whether its just npower that are tardy!)

Looking forward to seeing how the smart meter works with their app, once they install their smart meter.
  • Suzy_P
    Suzy_P Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ok, so despite MSE's quote, when I clicked through to the site it told me I needed to get a quote. To do that I had to put my post code in and then.... log in???? There is nothing to allow a registration, so how can I log in??
    Has anyone else had this problem?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Suzy_P wrote: »
    ok, so despite MSE's quote, when I clicked through to the site it told me I needed to get a quote. To do that I had to put my post code in and then.... log in???? There is nothing to allow a registration, so how can I log in??
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I am not sure what you mean. I have just got a quote directly from the supplier’s website and the button to select is SIGNUP at the bottom of the quote. This then asks for your details etc. You are not registering or logging in, you are accepting an online quote. You can only Sign In when your supplier has provided you with log in details. Often online accounts do not go live until after the actual transfer of supply has taken place.
  • I've been waiting on a promised smart meter install for around 3 months now, they did arrange a date around a month in but they never turned up. After trying numerous times to reach them on their phone (which they automatically send you to voicemail at 2 minutes, probably to keep call waiting times down for Ofgem, and never returned my call) i finally got hold of them and they blamed it on them switching metering provider.

2 months later and still no smart meter and i've been told it will at least be another month. Appears they have grown too fast to keep up their promises.
  • We were keen to make the switch to Usio but both on Apple Safari and Windows IE internet browsers the website is not secure/encrypted.

I will not put my full bank details on any site that does not meet even basic security standards.

I am sure I could telephone them with my details but this has put me off completely, as it raises concerns about other areas where my personal information may be at risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure