Paypal Query - Confused

Item sold 30 Aug and buyer sent e-cheque which was being processed by 6th Sept.

Then last night I logged on to paypal which said "cancelled - payment received" has the
+ sign then the amount with a score through it. I click onto the amount and it states
"cancelled purchase details"

When I look at transaction details it states "paypal express checkout payment received"

Ebay states - Payment was initiated on 30 August and is being processed by paypal (with the
egg timer icon).

So Paypal states cancelled - payment received, ebay states payment in progress. My question is
how do I know if this has this been paid or not? Confused.
Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19

Comments

• Does your balance show as the item amount credited or not?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does your balance show as the item amount credited or not?

If you are on the new view as I am and have multiple payments per day it isn't at all easy to see if something is added to the balance or not.

I suspect it has not gone through, ebay don't state 'paid' and if a paid email has not been received from paypal then it hasn't gone through. Personally if I was the OP I would phone paypal and just confirm whether this is cancelled or failed or still pending. I suspect it has failed though.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    If you are on the new view as I am and have multiple payments per day it isn't at all easy to see if something is added to the balance or not.

I suspect it has not gone through, ebay don't state 'paid' and if a paid email has not been received from paypal then it hasn't gone through. Personally if I was the OP I would phone paypal and just confirm whether this is cancelled or failed or still pending. I suspect it has failed though.

New view? I'm so far behind the times as ever! :D

Ringing is a good idea. Or (if you can in the new view) print off a statement from the sale date and work out if the balance is added or not.
  • soolin
    New view? I'm so far behind the times as ever! :D

Ringing is a good idea. Or (if you can in the new view) print off a statement from the sale date and work out if the balance is added or not.

Don't get me started on new views on both paypal and ebay- driving me to distraction. I use 2 different browsers and have two different accounts open all the time, both have completely different versions of ebay and paypal. At least with paypal I have an option to switch to a different view on one of my accounts (my current one shows no email addresses!) but I have to do it for every single transaction.

I got put on the seller hub on ebay for one of my accounts, whilst it has some very useful information the unsold list is a nightmare and I tried switching back and have ended up on a completely different hub with a different view which apparently now I can't opt out of. It shows relisted items when they were actually sold out, but more worryingly a lot of my unsolds and not relisted have been relisted- so I can no longer just relist without confirming first whether it is already live.

Sorry OP, I digress - I blame theonlywayisup for getting me started on how many versions of ebay and paypal are out being tested.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    I blame theonlywayisup for getting me started on how many versions of ebay and paypal are out being tested.

I accept total blame.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Make a random call to ebay saying something is not working and see if they blame you and your equipment or internet connection.

Been there and got the T-Shirt.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• It states Paypal EXpress checkout received.

No fees deducted from the amount.

then at the bottom - status - cancelled.

when looking at balance the amount is there with a score through it and the balance column blank, thengoes onto next item with the balance, so doesn't look like amount added.

Will phone them or open a non payment, that should tell me whether paid or not. Thanks
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • phoned - said they see payment initiated then cancelled. In this instance I can contact buyer regarding payment. Done so. Any time limit on opening a non payment case?
  • soolin
    phoned - said they see payment initiated then cancelled. In this instance I can contact buyer regarding payment. Done so. Any time limit on opening a non payment case?

from 2 days after sale up to (I think) 30 days from sale date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure