You can't beat me, I will win.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thoughts are one thing, but this level of Christmasness is not allowed and I have reported you to the moderators.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    That is the sort of challenge I would do :D Good luck with it!

I don't think I'd dare do that, I'd be horrified. Our house seems to be so dusty!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • I managed to slip in use of the c word this week and it wasn’t met with outrage. I’m normally banned from its use until September
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thoughts are one thing, but this level of Christmasness is not allowed and I have reported you to the moderators.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    jwil wrote: »
    That is the sort of challenge I would do :D Good luck with it!

I don't think I'd dare do that, I'd be horrified. Our house seems to be so dusty![/QUOTE

I think I may be slightly ashamed. I just need to weigh the empty bag before starting. I may need to buy more bags.:eek::rotfl:
    I managed to slip in use of the c word this week and it wasn’t met with outrage. I’m normally banned from its use until September

:rotfl: shocking :rotfl:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Look forward to seeing how heavy your vacuum dust is then.... I must admit the best bit about tidying a room is vacuuming it after and seeing the dust come up... so much so I do the room in stages just to keep getting that dopamine hit... The rest of the time I leave vacuuming to someone else ll...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • parsniphead
    I agree. It's lovely to see a tidied room once it's vacuumed but I just don't like doing it.

I dread to think what will come from the back of DS's bed now the rooms are swapped back after the barking dog episode.

Off to polish off a Chinese now. I'm ravenous. Have a fab night.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Morning all.

I'm in a proper go getting mood today. I want to clean, clear, declutter and kill the debt. I wish I could bottle this for more slovenly days.:rotfl:

I do have to spend time entertaining DS so can't spend the whole day doing this but I need to make time. I will even crack out the vacuum.

I've given the kitchen a bit of a spruce up but have a bit more to do. It think a declutter of kitchen cabinets will help with storage issues. A fifteen minute timer day may help.

Sorry for the manic waffling. I just wanted to get something down on paper.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I swear by the 15 miute timer.
    It gets me started & then I often do more :)
    Amazing what you can do in 15 minutes :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    beanielou wrote: »
    I swear by the 15 miute timer.
    It gets me started & then I often do more :)
    Amazing what you can do in 15 minutes :)

Or waiting for the kettle to boil. I quite like that one. I think I have a little pink pig timer somewhere. I will have to dig it out.

I've had a bit of an unplanned spend today. I gave up on sons room. It was a complete disaster zone. Anyway after consulting him we chose a storage unit wit 8 small fabric bins and 4 large ones. It's absolutely made on heck of a difference. I can now see a light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. Tomorrow will be spent on other areas including under the bed :eek::eek::eek:, but it should all be done by then.

I also still need to dig out his old baby clothes so I can start work on the memory puff quilt I want to make him for Christmas. It's the only way I can get rid of some of him clothes without becoming too emotional. I'm such a big softy.

Before bed I'm going to give my bedroom a once over. It's getting a little untidy and dusty but will be better tomorrow once the last of DS's toys leave.

Henry's vacuum bag is taking a bit of a bit. I dread to think what he will hold at the end of the month.

Anyway a vac and polish then I'm done for the night.

Back soon. X

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like great progress to me. My house is filled with those types of storage cubes...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure