Unpaid CCJ or Used Overdraft

Hi, I am trying to rebuild my credit after many years low income and stupidity. I am doing well clearing off my debts now and not accruing any more.

I have an unpaid CCJ on my credit file, I cannot afford to pay it from savings, but I do have enough available on my overdraft to clear it.

So the question is this. From a purely credit score point of view is it better to use my overdraft to pay off the ccj right now and pay back the overdraft over 6 months or keep my overdraft useage lower (I am already using about 35% of my overdraft) and pay off the ccj over 6 months. My ccj has just under 3 years remaining.

Thanks

Comments

• From a purely credit score point of view, it would be a flip of a coin. But that doesn't matter.

But from a credit history viewpoint - being a little overdrawn versus an outstanding court judgement for non-payment of bills? It's a no-brainer.
  • Is the CCJ valid? did you have notice? is it your debt? if not firstly try to remove it and then if that is not possible paying it is better
  • Yes, I believe the ccj is valid and for a debt that I didn't pay (Welsh water).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure