tescos glitch 3 for £2 on shampoos

1737475767779»

Comments

• oh dear this thread has run out of steam! Just wanted to add my (jubliant) halfpennworth.... Ordered 18 prodcuts (and also 2 x £3.50 gammon!), delivered and same probs as everyone else. Note put on account stating refund on 9 products only, off I go and steam about this for a week before deciding to accept that there is no way round the might of Tesco. Trotted off to local store to take back 9 - lovely lovely SA kept me waiting for 20 mins but was very apologetic and as an apology refunded me for all the 9 items even though I'd bought them as 3 for 2.

Phoned up customer services - who then tried to calculate the refund on the remaining 9 items & then re-buy them at 3 for £2........which they calculated incorrectly.

Upshot is that I have 9 products, £7 of gammon plus £3 delivery charge all for free..... plus an over-refund of £14!!!!! What makes me extra happy is that the first 2 CS calls were horrible horrible people and if T had honoured the 3 for £2 on all 18 items they wouldnt' be out of pocket. Up yours Mr T!!!

(sorry for length of post)
  • nettynora
    nettynora Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Kaos wrote: »
    This morning the large amount is showing on my credit card but no sign of the refund yet, hopefully it'll show up later!

Quick question... Tesco MADE me pay twice in store last Monday for my shopping as they insisted my first payment hadn't gone through. I KNEW it had but no amount of argueing would convince them as such so I was forced to pay again. Finally today proof showing on my online Credit Card bill, payment taken twice... just wondering whether I would be better going back to the store that made me pay twice (which is what the manager asked me to do) or ringing CS?
    Am I entitled to DTD? If so I know that the store manager has no intention of honouring it :(
    Kaos, I had a similar thing happen to me the other week. My transaction went through twice but I didn't notice until I got home. (Was late for school and DS was being a demon!). Anyway, I went back to the store and CS gave me DTD. CS even told me first that I would get DTD as I had been overcharged. HTH and hope you got/get it sorted.
    And if I really were an angel, I'd float over your bed
    Each night a different dream of me I'd plant inside your head
    And if I were an angel, I tell you what I'd do
    I'd appear in a vision and I'd give my wings to you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business