Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The free home move service is...free.

No extra equipment is needed or paid for by the customer. It may be that some (short term) customers are charged the fees you quote, but the majority pay nothing at all. Most old dishes are replaced as a matter of course.

That "small print" is to dissuade regular movers ( and customers requiring "Special Heights" etc) from abusing the service.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in a 30 day rolling contract with Sky, and moved home last year.

The place I bought already had the dish and cabling so when I called them I said I didn't need an installer visit, but I asked the advisor what would happen if I got the keys and the previous owners had taken the dish/ripped out the cabling etc. I was told there would be no charge and to just call if I needed a visit.

Now luckily I didn't need a visit so I can only take the advisor at her word, but it appears in my case at least that there would be no charge. I could be the minority, or the advisor could have been lying, but I can only go from my own experience.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was only offered 25% off Sky Q to retain me as a customer. I've already cancelled a few weeks ago. I guess this is the end of the significant discounts with the Q service.

They will offer me an extension to my half price fibre and line rental for 12 months and 25% off Boxsets with Multiscreen Q and Cinema for £73 a month.

We currently pay £64.99.
  • NeillB
    NeillB Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Offered 60% off Boxsets bundle after cancelling in March after my 50% offer ended. As per some other posters they first offered me 40% off for 18 months but with a £10 fee.Told them where to go with that one :-) Havent yet taken up the 60% offer which would mean I would pay £15.20 per month as opposed to the full price of £38.
  • bobstheboy
    bobstheboy Posts: 631 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    robrymond wrote: »
    I was only offered 25% off Sky Q to retain me as a customer. I've already cancelled a few weeks ago. I guess this is the end of the significant discounts with the Q service.

They will offer me an extension to my half price fibre and line rental for 12 months and 25% off Boxsets with Multiscreen Q and Cinema for £73 a month.

We currently pay £64.99.

You say you cancelled a few weeks ago which means you got Q when it first came out last year. I signed up to Q in Late Feb 16 and it was an 18 month contract, they changed it to 12 some months later so how did you manage to cancel and get offered a discount ?
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bobstheboy wrote: »
    You say you cancelled a few weeks ago which means you got Q when it first came out last year. I signed up to Q in Late Feb 16 and it was an 18 month contract, they changed it to 12 some months later so how did you manage to cancel and get offered a discount ?

My contract with Q multiscreen is until September when they first changed it. We would pay £43 to cancel that if we leave but the 50% existing discount ran until end of April. The Q contract seems to have little effect on retention as the TV package is the but they discount the most usually.
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sky have helpfully extended a previous offer for another 12 months, but I'm not convinced it's as good as it can get. Basically I have the full sports/movie/box set/HD package @ £43pm (discounted from £80 so just under 50%) plus 3 multi rooms @ £12 each.

I'm guessing I can push them for 60% on the base cost which would save me £11pm, but do they tend to move on the multi rooms as that's nearly half of my monthly cost right now...?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ratechaser wrote: »
    Sky have helpfully extended a previous offer for another 12 months, but I'm not convinced it's as good as it can get. Basically I have the full sports/movie/box set/HD package @ £43pm (discounted from £80 so just under 50%) plus 3 multi rooms @ £12 each.

I'm guessing I can push them for 60% on the base cost which would save me £11pm, but do they tend to move on the multi rooms as that's nearly half of my monthly cost right now...?
    I don't think you can get any multi-room discounts anymore.
  • scotty1971
    scotty1971 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does the 60% only apply to the tv and not the broadband?
  • Weirdy
    Weirdy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, My contract finished a week ago so I went on Sky chat .
    I had Boxsets on my Sky+ box and was offered the 75% deal that I said I'd had through the post (call it artistic license :) )
    Then asked about adding the sports package and was instantly offered 75% off that too so now paying £16.37 pm
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback