1262728293032»

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Brilliant OPs this month! :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you greent x

Well, I have spends to report... :o

I've bought a new mattress and some rather expensive (for me) pillows as I sleep very badly and seem to wake up daily with aches I didn't have when I went to bed. I did, however, get a half price offer + an extra 20% off, spending £350 in total. It has gone on the credit card but will be paid off very soon with the spare money I have this month.

I have also purchased two more Christmas presents for DS as they were heavily reduced. These were paid for out of the bank account and I will transfer a lower amount over to the gifts account this month to cover them.

I've brought lunch to work as usual, using up bits from the fridge that needed eating. Tea will be a previously batch-cooked meal for DS and some ys fishcakes and from the freezer with some veg from the fridge that needs using up.

I've also earned another £2 Amazon voucher from surveys, so I have added that to my account.
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • MeandO
    Options
    I’m so tired and feel like i’m coming down with something. :(

DS is in bed, although has tried to initiate several conversations about all manner of topics whenever I head upstairs for something as sleep avoidance techniques. So far i’ve heard ‘something’s really bad’ twice... thenn an epoch about someone cracking a tooth; how he thinks we need to go out and buy new school shoesbecause he thinks his should be too tight by now (they’re not and they cost me £50 not so long ago so will be hopefully last a lot longer); the last attempt was to question me about what I was having for tea later tonight... which reminds me....The food is cooked and ready for 7pm as arranged and i’m Waiting on OH to turn up again. :mad: He decided at 5pm he would be coming over for food tonight after all, so I made the effort to cook as I wasn’t going to bother.
    He was only an hour late last night. :mad: He’s being shown the door after food as i’m tired and want a hot shower and then bed.

Can you tell i’m tired and grumpy. :o:rotfl:

Have done my good deed for the day and knocked on the (previously not so friendly) neighbour’s door to tell them they left their car lights on. I did get thanks, but I think I must have grown another head whilst on their doorstep by the way they were looking at me. :eek:

I’ve moved a rug I had in my bedroom (which was originally bought for the lounge but kept moving round) to the dining room tonight. It changes the loom of the room and really suits it.:) I will pick a more suitable rug up for my bedroom when I see a good deal, there’s no rush.

I’ve found some worrying horizontal cracks tonight, running across two walls in my bedroom where the corner of the house is. I hope to god they’re nothing serious. Google has been no help in calming my thoughts on them. :eek::( i’ll Keep an eye on them for now.

Have a nice evening all x
  • MeandO
    edited 20 June 2018 at 11:59AM
    Options
    Tax credits have been paid into my account so I've transferred £50 to the car maintenance pot and paid £100 off the credit card. I'm counting down the days until payday now...
  • MeandO
    Options
    Trying so hard to keep my ‘cloak of positivity’ on at the moment but am feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight. Thursday nights DS is at his Dad’s and OH and I usually spend the evening together, but he has an event on tomorrow so I won’t be seeing him (or anybody). !!!128532;

I’m trying to figure out how to spend my afternoon and evening and keep myself busy. So far I’ve swayed from going for a swim or cycle (although it takes a lot of courage for me to do either by myself... it’s a complete lack of confidence and anxiety thing !!!128560;), to getting a takeaway !!!128553; to trying to join a weightwatchers group! (Yes, I can see the irony!).
    I do also need to collect an order from Tesco and pick up some shopping at some point. Rock n roll eh...
  • MeandO
    edited 21 June 2018 at 11:59AM
    Options
    £8.50 spent on DS's upcoming school trip and £14 odd spent in tesco this morning.

I had an awful, very upsetting evening which I won't go into, but needless to say I've hardly slept.

I had a reminder of a 'memory' to look back on on my phone today and it was a wonderful video of DS taking his first steps which made me so emotional. That doesn't feel like it was ever my life. How wrong things have gone and how life has unravelled since then. :(:(:(

The only good thing to come out of last night was that I now have DS tonight, so I am planning a fun night with him as I now won't see him all weekend. :(

I want to save up to take DS to legoland again and stay in the hotel. He loved it and has asked again if we can go. It wasn't cheap, but we don't have any holidays planned and will be looking out for offers for the end of the year when it is quieter and hopefully cheaper. I will need to start a little fund for that. I think we both need things to look forward to at the moment.
  • MeandO
    Options
    I've requested a return for the new pillows - they arrived and looked like they'd been opened before :eek:, they weren't cheap so I'm not happy. I'm a bit concerned about what state the mattress will be in now when it arrives tomorrow as I bought it from the same company. :eek:

I went to Home bargains after work and picked up a big pack of loo roll, some toiletries needed and some sweets for DS to make some little presents for his friends. I also picked up a few Christmas gifts which were reasonably priced.

I've had another person use my referral code on shopmium (thank you!), so now have £7.50 of 'credits' built up with them.

I had sold something for £5 via FB, but, as expected, the lady didn't turn up and didn't bother to tell me, so I messaged her and she said 'oh yeah, I couldn't make it.' :mad:Think I'll just give the item to charity instead. I still haven't forced myself to list the ebay pile either...:o

I'm hoping for a nice, chilled (and cheap!) weekend. OH and I have tickets for an event tomorrow night and are sharing a taxi with others to save costs. I've got a YS meal out of the freezer for OH and I to have tonight for food. We may pop to a supermarket to pick up some salad and see if there are any further good reductions worth picking up.

Happy weekend all. x
  • MeandO
    Options
This discussion has been closed.