Refund Wanted on Used Car

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think what they are saying is that if you drive a car 1000 miles a year it probably needs to be serviced 3 times a year because you are not doing it any good. And that maybe you should have run from a car with that low a milage.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Just out of interest, why dont you use the Motability scheme?

What's that got to do with the OP's problem?
  • Can we please now get back to my OP and try to help me with my problem?

I want a refund from the used car sales dealer, he is stalling saying he's seeking legal advise. But this has been going on since July and Im sure Im entitled to a refund.

I would appreciate some help please? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does anyone have any legal qualifications who can help me?

It was suggested I go to see a solicitor for a free session - slight problem being I don't have a car to get there!!! (my local public transport is not an option either).
  • sarah_liz wrote: »
    Can we please now get back to my OP and try to help me with my problem?

I want a refund from the used car sales dealer, he is stalling saying he's seeking legal advise. But this has been going on since July and Im sure Im entitled to a refund.

I would appreciate some help please? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does anyone have any legal qualifications who can help me?

It was suggested I go to see a solicitor for a free session - slight problem being I don't have a car to get there!!! (my local public transport is not an option either).

Do you have legal cover on your home insurance? Try calling them, they'll have a helpline rather than a visit required.
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,523 Forumite
    Google rejecting a car, google for a LBA template. You need to get the car back to the supplying dealer with the keys and a letter of rejection and then go to moneyclaimonline and open a case.
  • I know that pepipoo.com have some trained lawyer types on there. Maybe join them and ask? Don't use a hotmail address, they don't work.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • m0bov wrote: »
    Google rejecting a car, google for a LBA template. You need to get the car back to the supplying dealer with the keys and a letter of rejection and then go to moneyclaimonline and open a case.

Id rather not give the car back without knowing I will be getting my money back!!
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sarah_liz wrote: »
    Id rather not give the car back without knowing I will be getting my money back!!

Then you might be a bit stuck.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    I think you need proper legal advice, i wouldnt try my home insurance they may say its a motoring matter and we do not help with that.

Does your car insurance have similar cover? If not try a fixed fee interview with a solicitor.

The fact they have been picking up the bills is a bonus, but the fact your still using the vehicle is not.

I wouldnt put too much in about missing appointments etc, they could just say why didnt you use a taxi etc. You need to keep it simple and to the facts. You also need to stop using it. But it could take a while to get your money back. Was it a small dealer or a large one?

What are the chances of you returning the car and then finding out he went bankrupt the day after? Leaving you with no car and no money.

Dont mention missing appointments unless it broke down on the way to them with the breakdown sheet as proof. But mentioning it was inconvenient that the vehicle could not be trusted to reliably get to appointments.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• I think you need proper legal advice, i wouldnt try my home insurance they may say its a motoring matter and we do not help with that.Does your car insurance have similar cover? If not try a fixed fee interview with a solicitor.
    Ive checked home and car insurances and am not covered

The fact they have been picking up the bills is a bonus, but the fact your still using the vehicle is not.
    Im not using the car, its stuck on my drive and unusable!

I wouldnt put too much in about missing appointments etc, they could just say why didnt you use a taxi etc. You need to keep it simple and to the facts.
    Being a w/chair user Id need a WAV taxi, and can't afford to pay for a taxi for weekly check ups

You also need to stop using it. But it could take a while to get your money back. Was it a small dealer or a large one?
    We were led to believe that they were a large dealer with a small sections of WAVS, we now know that they other section of cars are a completely different company

What are the chances of you returning the car and then finding out he went bankrupt the day after? Leaving you with no car and no money.
    Exactly! I don't want to return the car

Dont mention missing appointments unless it broke down on the way to them with the breakdown sheet as proof. But mentioning it was inconvenient that the vehicle could not be trusted to reliably get to appointments.
    - thanks for your reply
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport