My Side Hustle

Comments

• Be careful with Swagbucks. Their payout for a lot of things is incredibly low so make a decision on how much you time is worth before you do stuff like surveys. I don't go below a certain number of swagbucks per five minutes. Sometimes they ask you for twenty minutes of your time for maybe 30 tokens and it's not worth it. I'd suggest that you only do it during downtime. Don't put aside time for Swagbucks, instead do it when you wouldn't be doing anything else like sitting on public transport or sat in front of the TV watching a programme you're not really that interested in.

Best way to make money on there is to do the events like Swago or meeting your daily goals for multipliers. If you haven't signed up yet, get a referral off someone so you're sharing the love. Also don't just shop through them automatically. Find the site that offers the best rate. Swagbucks offers SB if you buy from Argos, for example, but TopCashBack or Quidco or any number of other sites might offer a better cashback deal.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2017 at 6:19PM
    Beartricks wrote: »
    Be careful with Swagbucks. Their payout for a lot of things is incredibly low so make a decision on how much you time is worth before you do stuff like surveys. I don't go below a certain number of swagbucks per five minutes. Sometimes they ask you for twenty minutes of your time for maybe 30 tokens and it's not worth it. I'd suggest that you only do it during downtime. Don't put aside time for Swagbucks, instead do it when you wouldn't be doing anything else like sitting on public transport or sat in front of the TV watching a programme you're not really that interested in.

Best way to make money on there is to do the events like Swago or meeting your daily goals for multipliers. If you haven't signed up yet, get a referral off someone so you're sharing the love. Also don't just shop through them automatically. Find the site that offers the best rate. Swagbucks offers SB if you buy from Argos, for example, but TopCashBack or Quidco or any number of other sites might offer a better cashback deal.

It baffles me how people manage to do so well on SB. I guess they are in a better demographic than me. I also have cut my spending right down so the cashback and offers part of SB is no use to me. I gave up on it because it would take me three weeks to earn £5 and it would take at LEAST an hour a day to do that! My big issue with them is that a lot of the surveys I tried would tell me I wasn't suitable after filling in a good chunk of the survey (90%+ in some cases). I recently have been trying to work out the hourly pay for surveys sites and culling those that are too stingy.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    i use receipt hog as well. It's an app on my phone and I just need to take pictures of my receipts and I get coins on the app which I then get to transfer as money once it adds up.

Have you also joined Shopprize UK and Shoppix? They do the same as Receipt Hog and I have had a few vouchers from both.
  • No I've not hermia but thank you I'm going to join them just now!
  • Also I'm glad you've said the same about swagbucks. I just can't get my head around it and can't seem to make much money in it at all.
  • I make a tenner a week or so off Swagbucks. Most of that is from passive stuff like running their apps and making the most of their events that give you a few hundred SB for not much effort. Some people seem to be closer to £100 a month.

When you look at the higher earners across the site they must be constantly sinking a lot of money in to it and I can't imagine they're actually making much profit.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    The best way to make money from Swagbucks is to become an influencer. You need a blog to do it. I'm sure you'll find out more if you Google it. I'd say I make £50 a month easily since joining that. They basically pay you about £7.50 per blog post and there's several per month.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    The best way to make money from Swagbucks is to become an influencer. You need a blog to do it. I'm sure you'll find out more if you Google it. I'd say I make £50 a month easily since joining that. They basically pay you about £7.50 per blog post and there's several per month.

Is that only for established blogs? Can you only become an influencer if your blog has a certain amount of traffic per month?
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    Is that only for established blogs? Can you only become an influencer if your blog has a certain amount of traffic per month?

There were no requirements when I signed up, but I did already have an established blog. I don't know if things have changed, as that was a very long time ago now.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• PKaurK
    PKaurK Posts: 52 Forumite
    I want to generate passive streams of income that are scalable, I know this will take some time to set up so to receive immediate money I have started off with matched betting. I intend to design and sell T-shirts but this will take money to advertise, so I plan to use the money generated from matched betting to fund this. I have also started a blog, which I intend to monetise mainly with affiliate links.

I've made the decision not to do surveys, in my opinion the money is not worth the time.

Target:
    £1,000 by 31st December 2017.
    To be honest, I really don't know how much I will make. I expect most of not all of my income in the next few months to be from matched betting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure