Cleaning up after DRO

Hi guys,
So I had a DRO which started in Jan 2013 and I was discharged in Jan 2014. I have just been trying to get everything cleaned up as it will be 6 years since it started next January and I have noticed on my credit file that all accounts show as settled or satisfied in the closed accounts part, except Lloyds bank which shows as defaulted with a date of 31/08/18. Obviously this is wrong as it was included in my DRO. How do I go about getting this removed from my credit file? I want it all to be correct so that when it's all done and dusted in January i can start rebuilding a good credit score.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an area of my life I'm not that knowledgeable on.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You ask them to date it appropriately.

Remember to ignore the credit score. It's all about the data.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    scatty85 wrote: »
    except Lloyds bank which shows as defaulted with a date of 31/08/18.

Ummm.... that is a date in the future?

Are you talking about an initial default date or monthly status updates that are recent.

Regardless, they must record the initial default date as not after your DRO start date, and satisfied by the completion date. If they do not, complain stating that if not corrected you will be taking the matter to the FOS and ICO.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure