TSB Cashback failure update 170518

Options

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    zerog wrote: »
    I spend exactly £500 per month on this card, so should get £5 every month.

I received £4.25, but my transactions between 1st April and today have been: £200, £120, £62, £47, £71, £200 and £95. So it doesn't make any sense at all.

Well, I did some digging and it turns out that some transactions were missing from my online banking when I wrote my earlier post!! That clears that bit up, now onto the cashback itself:

Both my wife and I received the correct amount of 1% cashback for transactions that were processed between 23rd April and 3rd May.

These dates are exact as we both had transactions that posted on 4th May and 22nd April and there was no way to make those add up to the amount paid.

So it seems everyone has different dates! I can't imagine what sort of programming logic led to this error, or how they would fix it without recalling all the cashback that was paid on 17 May (or maybe they'll let us keep it and pay it properly the second time)
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The 17th of each month is my cut off for transactions for that statement month.

I guess the dates vary as everyone has different statement/payment due dates?

Is it worked out per statement month rather than calendar month?
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2018 at 9:36PM
    Options
    Cash back is per calendar month and when posted not spent. My £1.15 is for £115.36 spent on 30th April and posted 1st May so should be for this month's to be paid in June. I spent £500.60 between 1st and 10th April for which I should have received £5.00 in May.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have received no cashback for April.
    TSB have said today that it should be paid by the end of this week.
    We shall see.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • juliamarsh
    juliamarsh Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I spent £514.72 in April, just received my May statement and no cashback had been credited. Checked online to find I have been credited with the princely sum of 24p! :(
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £3.85 1% Plusness added to my account today making up the full £5.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    £3.85 1% Plusness added to my account today making up the full £5.

Similarly they've made a second payment to mine too to make it up to £5.

Not that I spent £500 though!
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My additional 5p that was missing from the last cashback payment has also been credited to the account today.

I was also able to open my CC statement in PDF too and shows my new total and date of DD to be taken (2 months together).

Looks like they are making some headway with their issues.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    None for me as yet sadly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had a 2nd Cashback Payment to top up to £5, Statements have appeared for August and September 2017 - all other statements are still missing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure