IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vehicle Control Services

Comments

• td23
    td23 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Hi and thanks. Really do appreciate you taking time to reply to me..

Ill try to answer some of your questions.

Im not sure who the company is who land the van was parked on but I intend on going to have a look this afternoon. Its next door to a soft play for kids that accomodates hundreds of kids however there are only around 30 parking spaces. Its been parked just the wrong side of the fence I think.

The van is owned / used by a sole trader, however there are 3 other people who use the van. Thats where the company vehicle comes in.

Although the offence was commited on January 4th, and the £100 needed paying by 22nd February, I only received my first letter regarding this earlier today. Nothing else. So not court letters or anything of that nature yet..

So I see it as I need to..

Send template letter for a PCN with IPC accredited operator..

Write letter complaint to company whose land I parked on ( when I find out who they are).

Wait for court letters, debt collectors letters, then come back for . further advice..?

Ive noticed in the info that theres a 99% success rate at court with this subs guidance.. Does this apply to PCN's from IPC's too? Or do they usually have a solid cse when it comes to court.

I intend to fight all the way.

Thanks again people, really appreciate it.

Cheers.
  • td23
    Also like to add that there was no windscreen notice, it was a camera that collared the van. First correspondance of any kind was this morning.. past the date of 22nd feb when money was due.

Thanks.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Fruitcake wrote: »

I see a comment from Quentin about company vehicles, but can't see that in your posts. Hire/lease vehicles require a different process to appeal.

The company vehicle was mentioned in the original OP I replied to but has been subsequently edited out by the OP, presumably prior to you reading my post.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 February 2018 at 1:12PM
    td23 wrote: »
    Also like to add that there was no windscreen notice, it was a camera that collared the van. First correspondance of any kind was this morning.. past the date of 22nd feb when money was due.

Thanks.

Good. Does it mention that this is a reminder or that something was sent previously?
    If not, it fails to meet the requirements of the POFA 2012 and therefore the keeper cannot be held liable.
    You could carefully add this point to the template and tell them only to contact the Driver from now on, who you will not be naming.

Oh, and take photos when you visit the sire, including the entrance and signs, especially if they are hidden or obscured, damaged, high up on poles/walls etcetera, and especially if a route could be taken where signs would not be seen by a driver.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • td23
    Quentin wrote: »
    The company vehicle was mentioned in the original OP I replied to but has been subsequently edited out by the OP, presumably prior to you reading my post.

correct, it was in a bunch of sentences I rempoved from original post.
  • td23
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Good. Does it mention that this is a reminder or that something was sent previously?
    If not, it fails to meet the requirements of the POFA 2012 and therefore the keeper cannot be held liable.
    You could carefully add this point to the template and tell them only to contact the Driver from now on, who you will not be naming.

Oh, and take photos when you visit the sire, including the entrance and signs, especially if they at hidden or obscured, damaged, high up on poles/walls etcetera, and especially if a route could be taken where signs would not be seen by a driver.

The letter states final reminder which leads me to believe a letter has prviously been sent out, but as I said, `I did not recieve it. Ill be taking pics of everything when I get there this afternoon.
  • td23
    IPC members are different:

In the case of CURRENT IPC AOS MEMBERS ONLY, we now advise to WAIT for a Notice to Keeper to arrive and then challenge once online or by email, as the KEEPER, not driver, using the template appeal for IPC members, as shown below.

Found this in stickied section.. Would the notice to keeper be the first letter they send ( the one I didnt recieve?), or does that come after the final reminder.. Im confused as to when to send the template letter...
  • Fruitcake
    IPC members are different:

In the case of CURRENT IPC AOS MEMBERS ONLY, we now advise to WAIT for a Notice to Keeper to arrive and then challenge once online or by email, as the KEEPER, not driver, using the template appeal for IPC members, as shown below.

Found this in stickied section.. Would the notice to keeper be the first letter they send ( the one I didnt recieve?), or does that come after the final reminder.. Im confused as to when to send the template letter...

The NTK is the first written correspondence received by the keeper, no matter what it is called. So, the final reminder you received fits that bill. It is widely suspected that some disreputable companies might deliberately claim they have sent something previously, when in fact they are telling lies.

I shall let you decide what has happened in your case.
  • td23
    One last questiona nd I shall leave you guys alone.. I feel i have asked enough :-)

May be a silly question really but who do I email the template too? There is no email address on the letter they have sent.. Just says to visit www. my parking charge .co.uk . . I should go on there and look for email addrress? Is that right.. Sorry if this is an obvious answer to my own question. I am trying not to shoot myself in the foot as I nearly did in the intitial post I made. Thanks
  • Fruitcake
    edited 26 February 2018 at 1:36PM
    One last questiona nd I shall leave you guys alone.. I feel i have asked enough :-)

May be a silly question really but who do I email the template too? There is no email address on the letter they have sent.. Just says to visit www. my parking charge .co.uk . . I should go on there and look for email addrress? Is that right.. Sorry if this is an obvious answer to my own question. I am trying not to shoot myself in the foot as I nearly did in the intitial post I made. Thanks

You appeal using whatever method it tells you to use on the *cough* reminder they sent you.

You should also complain to your MP.
    These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business