Coffee, Cake, Yarn - New Start

CoffeeCakeYarn
CoffeeCakeYarn Posts: 299 Forumite
edited 16 February 2018 at 11:31AM in Debt free diaries
I've decided to edit this after a mess up of the figures. To cut a long story short I've been here before, paid off a lot, lived happily ever after, split with the ex, fell ill, and got myself in a pickle again. So here I am, new username, new diary, new dreams. Upfront warning, I over post :D

I'm a thirty something (cough) single-ish-ton who is determined that I won't hit 35 in debt. I will hit 35 travelling somewhere hot, pretty and PAID FOR IN CASH. Hobbies include Gin, Gym, Cake, Craft. Welcome, thanks for looking in!

My total debt is £26218.58.

My first focus is MBNA which started at £2385

My pots only include a fun pot and an emergency pot right now, in March a wee little payrise is coming, all the pots will happen then and budgeting can start properly. At that point I'll do a proper SOA for you all to see, in the mean time it's just a mission to earn as much extra as I can, and use the CC as little as possible (so far so good, nothing since early December!)

Pull up a pew, I'm in for a long ride...

Paid - 7095/26218 - Total

Comments

• Good luck, it sounds like you have the budgeting skills to succeed as you've done it before :). Sorry about the break up.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Thank you :)

I've got the skills but have I got the sticking power! I'm terrible at seeing things through, hoping that this will keep me a little more on track. Trying all the tools I can to keep my willpower in check!
  • Happy new diary, and good luck with your journey. I find posting regularly helpful, as I feel more accountable.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Good luck with your journey.

I split with my ex in Dec 2013 and had to use credit cards, borrow off parents etc to get through. 4 years later I’m with a new man, new house, Debt is down and I’m in total control of saving and spending.

You can do this!
  • Thank you all!

It's been a lovely but quiet weekend spent being lazy, fed, watered and a little spoilt. Dropped off Christmas present along the way and picked up the petrol and soft drinks for tomorrow. I'm a little worried £30 petrol won't cut it but I know a few garages on the trip will be open worst case scenario.

I'm now sat on my sofa mince pie in hand (taken home from work on Friday). I was last in the office and there were leftovers from the Christmas treats, 'bin them, they'll be off by the time we are back in'. WHAT?! No. They can come home with me! I'm not really a Christmas person, last year was horrible, lonely and just a real hard slog to get trough this year has been a little more pleasant, and I'm quite content right now with happy feet on in the background, a craft project out and my Christmas candle burning. Once tomorrow is over I've got a few days to re charge before I have to see anyone else again so I plan on really going through my apartment and hitting up eBay hard.

£26.77 left to last until 2nd jan. If I can get there without spending £12 I can enter 2018 under 25k. Totally can do this.

Hope everyone is coping with the festive season. It'll be over soon :o
  • A little Christmas miracle... I got given £20 to cover petrol and it went straight on the debt.

£24,991.73 - seeing in the new year under 25k. Such a happy bunny.

Merry Christmas all!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 December 2017 at 7:48AM
    That is a great positive start to the New Year well done!! ��
  • Thank you, I'm so happy. Sometimes it really is the little things :)

I think I over excited myself as I was up at 7am this morning and just felt so awake. the day is my own today and I'm glad, I need a little re charge. Having said that I had a mad moment and have listed 27 things on ebay... It's mostly rubbish that i'll only make pennies on but every little...

Plans for today
    Keep an eye on the survey sites
    Craft
    Dinner is a veggie 'paella' made with some peppers that need using
    NSD
    Baileys!
    Phone on silent and shut the world out

Happy boxing day all
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi and Welcome " coffee and cake? " I'm in ! good luck and a great start !
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • Thanks Meena :p

Although today is more Brie and Baileys, the festive version of coffee and cake haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport