Amazon refund problems - I need help!

Options

Comments

• MissConStru
    Options
    F&L wrote: »
    If a seller is in China then they have to provide a UK address for a return. As Amazon store all messages between a buyer and seller, do you not have a copy in your messages that shows what this address was?
    There was a UK address but stupid here failed to make a note of it!
    As you were supplied with a returns label, how could you have been expected to know that Amazon will only accept a return which has a signature?
    Exactly!
    Has the seller used a logisitics company returns address without their knowledge? XPO Logisitics may know of this seller, evidence of which would help in any chargeback claim with your card company.
    They've only told me about Parcel Force who picked it up for return.
    Also known as "Flaglady" because I love using flags in church!
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should appeal to your card company with the proof of postage (and tracking number if you have it - not the reference you've given above).
    Too late for a chargeback - must be within 120 days of purchase.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There was a UK address but stupid here failed to make a note of it!
    Exactly!
    You should be able to still have access to that in the order page. The return label should still be there somewhere.
    It would also have been emailed to you, you may still have the email.
  • Dox
    Options
    As OP has pointed out, this is a long saga and has the potential to go round in circles in this forum just as much as via Amazon.

OP, could I suggest you make a chronology of events, setting out key dates/events and avoiding all chat/emotion (however tempting it may be to add some local colour to your narrative) as clearly as you can and send it to Amazon and to the seller? Don't make accusations; just set out what has happened and read it through carefully before you send it to ensure it is accurate and logical.

if you still get nowhere, wing it over to Tony Hetherington at the Mail, or Jessica Gorst at the Telegraph, and see if that gets you anywhere.

I do think one thing which could be a problem is the length of time which has elapsed. Courier companies won't generally investigate things which took place longer than 3 or 4 weeks ago, so 4 or 5 months from the first 'returned' parcel in August may be a stumbling block. For that reason, I'd certainly get on with it as soon as possible.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    You should be able to still have access to that in the order page. The return label should still be there somewhere.
    It would also have been emailed to you, you may still have the email.

As I said in post 8, Parcelforce offer a label-less collection service and will bring their own.

I've used this myself for customers without access to a printer. The courier simply turns up and collects, but the the customer will not have had sight of the label.

I suspect if a parcel label had been sent via Amazon messages, the buyer wouldn't be having this issue as Amazon would have visibility of the label.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bxboards wrote: »
    As I said in post 8, Parcelforce offer a label-less collection service and will bring their own.

I've used this myself for customers without access to a printer. The courier simply turns up and collects, but the the customer will not have had sight of the label.

I suspect if a parcel label had been sent via Amazon messages, the buyer wouldn't be having this issue as Amazon would have visibility of the label.

Quite so - which is why Dox's suggestion of a chronology makes such good sense, rather than speculation based on (understandably) piecemeal information from OP.
  • MissConStru
    MissConStru Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2018 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Dox wrote: »
    OP, could I suggest you make a chronology of events, setting out key dates/events and send it to Amazon and to the seller?
    I have been doing this since June!
    if you still get nowhere, wing it over to Tony Hetherington at the Mail, or Jessica Gorst at the Telegraph, and see if that gets you anywhere.
    That's a great suggestion, thank you!
    I do think one thing which could be a problem is the length of time which has elapsed. Courier companies won't generally investigate things which took place longer than 3 or 4 weeks ago, so 4 or 5 months from the first 'returned' parcel in August may be a stumbling block. For that reason, I'd certainly get on with it as soon as possible.
    This was complicated by
    • The amount of time it took the seller to send me the returns label (6 weeks)
    • The attempts by XPO to return the parcel to me instead of the seller (3 months)
    • The seller not responding to my emails asking if he'd received it back or not (still no reply)
    • the time wasted trying to research the whereabouts of the parcel after that (unsuccessful)
    As you said, very convoluted and frustrating!
  • MissConStru
    Options
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Quite so - which is why Dox's suggestion of a chronology makes such good sense, rather than speculation based on (understandably) piecemeal information from OP.
    I quite understand your comment here but at present, my diary of events now spans 12 pages!
  • Dox
    Options
    [QUOTE=MissConStru;73709293
    [*]The amount of time it took the seller to send me the returns label (6 weeks)
    [*]The attempts by XPO to return the parcel to me instead of the seller (3 months)
    [*]The seller not responding to my emails asking if he'd received it back or not (still no reply)
    [*]the time wasted trying to research the whereabouts of the parcel after that (unsuccessful)
    [/LIST]
    [/INDENT]As you said, very convoluted and frustrating![/QUOTE]

That's just the sort of relevant information a chronology would highlight beautifully without the need for you to do any finger-pointing. Sounds as if you have excellent record keeping skills - good luck!
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bxboards wrote: »

That's not how Amazon works though. The return needs to go through Amazon whether the seller has provided it or not. It may be that the OP (opening poster) didn't go through the "request return authorisation" route. The onus is still on the seller though so it seems odd that the OP has had this problem.

As a seller there are a few ways to authorise a return, these are the options Amazon give
    I will provide a pre-paid postage label for this request.
    I would like Amazon to provide an un-paid mailing label.
    Do not show a postage label for this request.

If I was arranging a Parcelforce collection, even if I'd instructed Parcelforce to collect and bring their own label I'd put the tracking in the Amazon system and upload the label, that label would be emailed to the buyer. The buyer does have the tracking anyway as it was mentioned in the first post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure