Vpn

Options

Comments

• alexhardy
    Options
    Fitstly,u can use trial version and then did some choose.
    I wiil recomened hidemyass
    Your signature has been removed by the forum team - please read the forum rules for an explanation of what is and isn't allowed in your signature.
  • were
    were Posts: 632 Forumite
    Options
    Here is another link to others who review sites, https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-anonymous-review-2017-170304/

Hidemyass got some bad press for not hiding peoples details, but rather they kept logs and on record https://invisibler.com/lulzsec-and-hidemyass/.
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have used HideMyAss, they sold up and support got worse, they not only do no do torrents but they will terminate your account. Strength of HMA was 40,000 IP's downside was speed loss if you did not stick to locale. Was good option for my biz which needed to appear to be in many countries around the world.

I used PIA, they were OK but their client requires user to be an Admin account, that is unnaceptable to me, we did find a way to get it working by defining it with L2TP client in Windows. That had some security issues around leaking albeit very slim. I warned them about client on day 1, I said I would not renew if they did not write a client that could operate using a standard account and so I did.

PIA support was OK if you got the right person but they are very sloppy about their IP's, Google, Yahoo and others knew if you were using their IP's and they only had so many per location, albeit that you could find more if you knew how.

These days I am mostly using browser based VPN's for web traffic.

I did get this unlimited lifetime VPN from a referral by someone here, currently $40 but price does seem to go up and down between $21 and $30, ignore the pop up BTW they want you to spend $50 to get further discount.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Before buying I read these reviews on Keepsolid

http://uk.pcmag.com/vpn-unlimited/78538/review/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/utilities/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-1325618/review

They have "certain" servers that work with torrents, I believe their client requires admin access so back to L2TP I guess.

One thing, KeepSolid is a Russian outfit so if that puts you off then so be it.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use IPvanish, more to circumvent geo blocking than for privacy reasons. Seems very reliable, plenty of servers in lots of countries and doesn't drag my already moderate internet speed down by too much when I'm using it. Cost about £40 for the year. But I will be shopping around when it is time to renew as I'd like a VPN that has an Android client that supports Split Tunneling.
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    You all need to be aware of something........ It's looking as though big business in pushing it's influence on the authorities and the authorities are pushing their influence on various high profile websites and using Camerons !!!!!! filters to block people on VPN services, i've been hearing of a number of complaints of people being unable to access some websites via some of the biggest VPN providers.

There's a war going on, freedom of information versus outside interests that would like to keep us "dumb".

Very valid point, recent case on ISP's with Football is just the start.

What I see them doing right now is carrying out some net tests that VPN's block, they then just block you.

This is a bit like sites that block access to people using adblockers, that is such a dumb move, even if your site depends on ad revenue, because the one thing you want is engagement. You can't engage with someone you banned.

The same applies to Torrents, the vast majority of Torrent users are 3rd world or the poor, the idiots spending a small fortune would do better to find a way to address that market. Even tolerating them gives them benefit.

Say someone call Mary watched a film called Live by Night, they were never going to be able to afford to see it at cinema or buy a DVD, BluRay, they can't afford Sky, Netflix or any commercial service. So they watch it online and tell their friends on social media they enjoyed the movie, then half a dozen of those people go and buy that movie based on that recommendation, they tell their friends about the movie and pretty soon hundreds if not thousands of people go buy the movie.

The movie company lost NOTHING, Mary was never going to buy the movie, but based on her recommendation a lot of other people did, as far as I am concerned that makes financial sense and no lawyers required!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2361317/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Unfortunately they prefer GREED, yet whatever technical idea they come up with, a way is found to get around it, usually within a day, sometimes within an hour.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i use opera browser in no track mode - it has it's own vpm and duckagoo to search.

works for me
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whats with the influx of US spammers? All making the best of their own VPN's?

Throwing in a bit of advertising to boot?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 March 2017 at 2:21AM
    Options
    It's a way of life in the land of the free (Free!!??:rotfl::D:D). Sorry in what was the land of the free.....Now Trumpton...;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • anajames
    anajames Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I would recommend Astril, I am using it for a while now and so far it performs satisfactorily.
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is interesting if true : https://torguard.net/blog/torguard-introduces-openconnect-vpn/

Word of warning about this VPN, they ripped off another provider's proxy software.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure