Unfair credit card charges over 6 years old

Options
Just after a bit of advice please. I have a lot of unfair credit card charges which are on a card over 6 years old with MBNA. Is it worth trying for a claim with them or will they just shoot me down as they are over 6 years old? Has anyone had any success with claiming back fees which are 6+ years old?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In 2006, the OFT considered more than £12 as being unfair. So, most card providers at that point lowered their charges. So, you must be talking about before 2006. That is considerably earlier than 6 years ago. You are talking 12+ years

Do you have the statements going back that far?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • aromaannie
    aromaannie Posts: 57 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I have statements going back to 2004
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, basically, you are talking 2004-2006 as the unfair credit card charges period then. As you have statements, you can make your case.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • aromaannie
    Options
    Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills