Yet Another Shocker from MSE collective

below says it all lol

how much did EDF pay you MSE to promote their shocking so called cheap collective??

think you should have a MAJOR rethink on how you promote them as clearly they are nowhere near as cheap as you make out,

i guess you put profits before savings for the people nowadays by looks of it

2iuw7ew.jpg

Comments

• Not sure what your point is - your estimate is for you. If it isn't for you, go elsewhere.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,056
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    below says it all lol

how much did EDF pay you MSE to promote their shocking so called cheap collective??

think you should have a MAJOR rethink on how you promote them as clearly they are nowhere near as cheap as you make out,

i guess you put profits before savings for the people nowadays by looks of it

2iuw7ew.jpg

Have you put the same consumption figures into a comparison site ?

What estimates do they give ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Oh dear!!!!!
  • You may or may not have missed my messages on another thread that pointed out that the new EDF collective fix was dearer than what EDF were offering a day or so before the collective fix was announced .... and that cheaper tariff wasn't even a collective fix - it was open to all. This lower EDF tariff disappeared when the collective fix was announced.

My observations were confirmed by other contributors to the thread who also made a note of their EDF projections a couple of days before the collective fix was announced. I think there is some explaining to do by both MSE and EDF.
  • "but did get a special cut-rate EDF deal for the first 25,000 switchers - which is the cheapest Big 6 tariff "

id hate to think the price if this was a CUT RATE deal lol

and its deff NOT the cheapest big 6 deal out there either
  • what makes it even more laughable is that SP comes in 3rd on the list Estimated new costs £1,181/yr

some way cheaper than EDF collective

what are MSE doing promoting way more expensive deals when they claim its the "cheapest big 6 on the market"

clearly false information, and yes I know MSE will come out and say its for the average user

but come on!! the MASSIVE price and huge unit rates says it all for this MSE EDF Shocking deal/NON deal
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    edited 9 September 2017 at 11:53AM
    Hi all

Just stepping into this thread to hopefully provide a little context around the energy comparison results which are being discussed.

I'd like to clarify that the collective fix is definitely cheaper (on Ofgem's average usage figures and across all UK energy regions) than the EDF tariff it had available last week.

Last week the cheapest EDF deal was a tariff named Online Saver Sept18 which was priced at £972 on average (using Ofgem figures). The collective EDF tariff is £915 on average. However for your usage and region is sounds like the previous deal might have worked out cheaper for you.The decision to remove this tariff was taken alone by EDF, it isn't something we have any influence or advance notice on.

The current EDF collective is the cheapest tariff with a big 6 provider, again on average and across all regions. As of today, the next cheapest big 6 tariff is with Npower at an average price of £948 per year. However as we always suggest (and the only way to get this collective deal) is to run a full market comparison via Cheap Energy Club. We have highlighted that our figures are based on average usage in our emails and on the site.

Using the big name filter will allow you to see whether EDF is the best option for you, clearly there will be plenty of scenarios where this isn't the case.

As I've mentioned previously on collective posts, our main aim around our Big Switch Events is to help people switch and save money, whether that is by switching to a collective tariff or any other option available on our results.

I understand it can be disappointing if the collective doesn't offer the savings you might have hoped for, but I really can't agree that the information we've shared on the site is inaccurate.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The Online Saver tariff is still available, just not in CEC. You cangetb it either from the EDF site or the cashback sites. So if the online tariff was cheaper for anyone, its still available
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If the other EDF tariff is still available BUT not showing on MSE that makes it even worse. Thought MSE prided itself on showing ALL tariffs?
    This could definitely be misleading.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 467
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Forumite
    edited 10 September 2017 at 10:57AM
    Thanks nic_c & philng

Today, going through the EDF website, the online saver for me shows an increase of £24pm over the quote that EDF were showing on the MSE CEC list a few days before the collective fix was announced. That's £14pm more than the collective fix quotes (now and same as when it was 1st announced)!!

It seems like the EDF online tariff today is not the same as the EDF online tariff that disappeared earlier in the week. :angry: I made sure all KWh and other figures were the same. Yes, I know the results will vary on usage and region, but I am doing a comparison for myself and thought I'd share the results

I double-checked the CEC results today and the Collective fix is still showing £8pm more than the original EDF tariff and is (for me) 28th from cheapest. The EDF online tariff mentioned by nic_c DOES appear in the CEC list at number ... wait for it ..... 88th in the list.

Quite a way off EDF's original tariff from earlier in the week being about number 5 or 6 from the cheapest for me, and £24pm cheaper than now. Come on EDF ..... tell us what's going on!

And yes I still know the results will vary on usage and region. :sad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport