Post office online saver

Options
Opened one of these last week, I linked one of my accounts to it, but can't figure out how to set it up to take a direct debit out of the account.
when I click on the direct debit menu, 2 rows of data show up, all the fields say undefined, and the edit and cancel direct debit buttons are ghosted out so I can't click on them.
It has taken nearly a week for the initial £10 opening balance to show on the statement, so It looks to be a slow system...
Should I just wait a bit more or do I have to ring them? has anybody else on here had the same problems?

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots of people have all sorts of problems with the PO. Many reports about this on MSE. The latest thread is here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6058152
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    It takes 10 working days for the DD mandate to be set up, so no money can be taken while this is happening. Once it has been set up you need to "move money" selecting "linked account" as the funding source.

I've been having the same issues with the weird DDs displaying... but I'm in the middle of closing all my PO savings accounts anyway so I'm not too fussed about it. You'll need to give them a call to get things sorted, but good luck to you! Their customer service isn't known to be the greatest...
  • 20SmthngSver
    Options
    Ring them. They are so slow. They are open 9-4 though.
  • fenwick458
    fenwick458 Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It takes 10 working days for the DD mandate to be set up, so no money can be taken while this is happening. Once it has been set up you need to "move money" selecting "linked account" as the funding source.

thanks, this is what I had to do, it's not exactly easy to find out how to do that!
  • fenwick458
    Options
    Ring them. They are so slow. They are open 9-4 though.
    I'm sure i've just checked the opening hours and it was 8-10pm through the week. I rang up at almost 6pm and got through ok anyway
  • 20SmthngSver
    Options
    Their technical team is 9-4pm. I phoned them last week because my withdrawal faciltiy was locked, and it was 5:30pm. He said the team who deal with it weren't in as they are available 9-4pm Monday to Friday, but he verified me and took details down and passed it on so they could unlock it the next day as I said I couldn't ring during 9-4pm.

The team you spoke to are just general staff.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    . I phoned them last week because my withdrawal faciltiy was locked, .

I phoned today answer I got is due to having multiple accounts/different nominated accounts despite being case for years, I pointed out T+C stated 1 account per Issue, she asked her manager who confirmed that was what the T+C did state no longer the case, I left it that I will consider what to do.
  • fenwick458
    Options
    ok, well I seem to have set up 2 direct debits from the one linked account, they are scheduled for the 1st November.
    is this normal? thought there was a limit of 1 DD per account?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure