Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Coxy, Been sunny here too a welcome change in the weather, I really hope it doesn't turn bad again. What a great idea with the crochet flowers, I wouldn't have thought to do that so might steal that idea from you. Love the framed stumpwork, the hoop looks great and the backing felt, just need a nice ribbon to hang it.

Just finishing off page 3 of Elvis, I've realised that i'm going to run out of dmc 612, I've ordered some so I hope its the same shade :rotfl:
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening :)

popped in to say hello :wave:

It's a long time since I did any cross stitch, I'm knitting again to try and stash bust the wool mountain hiding in my cupboards :D

lots of ends of balls so currently making knitted keyrings, my daughter who is doing a ski season is selling them for charity, so mainly little hearts and bobble hats, it was getting a bit samey though so experimenting with mini animals at the moment :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Me again,
    Sorry I've not t stitched for months. By way of explanation my darling dh found out in August last year he had a non curable type of cancer, we battled against this for six months but sadly he was stolen from me in January. Last week was his funeral and today I need to find my new normal and return to work. The road ahead is going to be difficult and I'm really not sure what direction it will take.

I've got a Christmas stocking I'm doing for my granddaughter it was supposed to be finished last Christmas but my heart wasn't in it, I'll try and carry on with that for her.

I hope everyone is well. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    Options
    Mrs-MP, so sorry for your loss nothing can prepare you for that. I hope you find some comfort in stitching again or atleast take your mind off things for a little while. The Christmas stocking sounds like a good project, there's plenty of time to get it done so no need to rush :)

Glad, welcome :) I've tried my hand at some Amigurumi, the crochet goes well until I try to sew them together then they look weird, haha.

Well my DMC 612 arrived and its darker than the shade I have, I will make do as its only a max of 50 stitches, I will try and blend it in on his shirt, I think I have enough for the face stitches.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Mrs M-P it's lovely to see you posting. I'm so very sorry to hear about your DH, please accept my condolences. I hope you manage to find comfort in your crafting and that your first day back at work went ok. If I remember rightly you work in a school, so I hope the children were pleased to see you.

Nmm - the flowers on card took minutes to do. I found the idea on Pinterest - crocheted flower card by the Green Dragonfly. Simples!

I've done five rounds of the twelve needed on the crochet blanket (whilst watching Baptiste eek so scary!). Will continue with it this week - ooo could finish by the weekend.

Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    nmm wrote: »
    Glad, welcome :) I've tried my hand at some Amigurumi, the crochet goes well until I try to sew them together then they look weird, haha.

I keep seeing 'Amigurumi' while I'm googling for patterns, not really sure what it is though :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • nmm
    Options
    Its basically making small animals, bears etc

"Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small, stuffed yarn creatures."
  • nmm
    Options
    Page 3 of Elvis completed yesterday, page 4 shouldn't take too long. As I've decided to buy a sewing machine I might turn it into a cushion for my friend.

47196506952_2e780f0a0e.jpg
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Me again,
    Sorry I've not t stitched for months. By way of explanation my darling dh found out in August last year he had a non curable type of cancer, we battled against this for six months but sadly he was stolen from me in January. Last week was his funeral and today I need to find my new normal and return to work. The road ahead is going to be difficult and I'm really not sure what direction it will take.

I've got a Christmas stocking I'm doing for my granddaughter it was supposed to be finished last Christmas but my heart wasn't in it, I'll try and carry on with that for her.

I hope everyone is well. X

Well normal didn't last long and hasn't been that pleasant! Got a phone call at work Monday lunch time to say my 18 year old son had had a stroke at work and was completely unable to move his left side with facial drop and barely able to speak! Local hospital were amazing and said there was a three hour window before this damage was irreversible after a scan showing a large blood clot we were rushed to queens medical centre and the clot removed. A very scary week spent between the two hospitals BUT an almost complete recovery which feels like a miracle I was so scared I was loosing him as well. We came home last night, a few more tests and a lot of medication but i a man actually feeling lucky that I have got him back.

Not sure what I thought life without my DH would be like but I could do with it being a bit calmer than this. I will have tomorrow off and try again on Monday x
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    Options
    So pleased your son has recovered so quickly, what a shock for you though. Life is being very cruel to you atm I hope you have some better times ahead, you deserve them. Take care of yourself and your family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport