Prestige telecom / plan.com - its time we fought back

Options

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's by far the best way to train your daughter as well!
  • michaelcox
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for some advice regarding my poor business mobile phone contract. I took out a new contract with a company called Prestige telecom group at the beginning of November and all I've had so far are problems. My service is terrible the customer care is terrible and I feel I'm being completely ripped off now. I have sent numerous emails to them and phone calls, but I am not getting any answers. I feel like I have the right to terminate taking everything into account can anyone provide me with any advice.
    Thanks in advance
    Michael Cox
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Business contract depends upon the terms and conditions you signed up to .
    This is a consumer forum and you may be better off finding a small business forum.
    Business contracts are not the same as consumer as you are expected to have more knowledge and carry out due dilegence before signing contracts .
  • claire999yellow
    Options
    I have received shocking treatment from Plan and Prestige Telecoms. I agreed to take on a tablet (under a business contract) but received nothing for 3 months....although they STILL invoiced me monthly for the service...for a product I never received! Said that after that whole sorry affair I had cancelled my direct deibt and then funnily enough, the tablet arrived and now I'm finding it impossible to terminate the contract! Plan are even trying to say that because they only provide the data package, not the hardware, they haven't breached their contract and tried to justify that I should be paying for that! The tablet is sat in a box unopened while I try and get some advice as to how I can get these cowboys off my back. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM. HANG UP THE PHONE!
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    No wonder half of new businesses fail within 5 years lol
  • Lizzie_Houlbrooke
    Lizzie_Houlbrooke Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 June 2019 at 12:44PM
    Options
    I have also been mis-sold a phone contract withPlan.com and their partner company Sunny Communications. No one initially told me I was dealing with two companies as Sunny Communications mislead me to believe they were Plan.com. They promised to pay my buy out from O2 and after weeks and weeks of chasing them, I have still not recieved a penny. I now have O2 issuing Default Notices and I cannot get Sunny Communications to answer the phone. Another partner company Prestige Telecom have now got involved and again I am just being passed from pillar to post. I have literally spent hours and hours trying to get this sorted, having already paid Plan.com £237.00 for "Out of bundle usage and mobile & mbb charges." When asked to explain these I was again passed from pillar to post, but I was told if I didn't pay then the money would not be released from Sunny Communications! I have finally had enough and have asked Plan.com for my PAC code so that I can try to go back to O2 and sort out something regarding the £571.19 that I owe them due to leaving. My only problem is that Plan.com now want a £1790.46 disconnection fee!!!! I really am at a loss what to do and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Is this a business account/ service ??

This re a businness

(Business contract depends upon the terms and conditions you signed up to .
    This is a consumer forum and you may be better off finding a small business forum.
    Business contracts are not the same as consumer as you are expected to have more knowledge and carry out due dilegence before signing contracts . )
  • Unholy1
    Options
    I am exactly on the same boat as you. I was pressured to signing a contract with Five Bars Communication for a 36 month contract on mobile WiFi units. It was all good and the units arrived and the sim cards arrived.

When trying to get them set-up, it never worked. So we had to return the Wifi Units along with the sim cards in it and then had to deal with a company called Sygnal. I thought this was someone who is connected with Five Bars Communications which deals with their hardware. When my statements came in, it was a company called Plan.Com taking all the direct debit which I believe is the Network Provider.

They have billed us for £531 for a service that we have never used since the units never came back to us and now we are being forced to pay for this. What should I do? Tempted to Contact WatchDog!
    I have also been mis-sold a phone contract withPlan.com and their partner company Sunny Communications. No one initially told me I was dealing with two companies as Sunny Communications mislead me to believe they were Plan.com. They promised to pay my buy out from O2 and after weeks and weeks of chasing them, I have still not recieved a penny. I now have O2 issuing Default Notices and I cannot get Sunny Communications to answer the phone. Another partner company Prestige Telecom have now got involved and again I am just being passed from pillar to post. I have literally spent hours and hours trying to get this sorted, having already paid Plan.com £237.00 for "Out of bundle usage and mobile & mbb charges." When asked to explain these I was again passed from pillar to post, but I was told if I didn't pay then the money would not be released from Sunny Communications! I have finally had enough and have asked Plan.com for my PAC code so that I can try to go back to O2 and sort out something regarding the £571.19 that I owe them due to leaving. My only problem is that Plan.com now want a £1790.46 disconnection fee!!!! I really am at a loss what to do and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Is this a business contract ??
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unholy1 wrote: »
    I am exactly on the same boat as you. I was pressured to signing a contract with Five Bars Communication for a 36 month contract on mobile WiFi units. It was all good and the units arrived and the sim cards arrived.

When trying to get them set-up, it never worked. So we had to return the Wifi Units along with the sim cards in it and then had to deal with a company called Sygnal. I thought this was someone who is connected with Five Bars Communications which deals with their hardware. When my statements came in, it was a company called Plan.Com taking all the direct debit which I believe is the Network Provider.

They have billed us for £531 for a service that we have never used since the units never came back to us and now we are being forced to pay for this. What should I do? Tempted to Contact WatchDog!

Did you buy these as a business or as a consumer?

If you bought these as a business it’s doubtful if a consumer protection show like Watchdog would be interested.
    ====
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure