Any advice

Hi
Any advice would be welcome I live in a council house with my disabled son so just the 2 of us and on benefits we don't have family ,
my problem is decorating we have been here 17 years and it needs painting and some new internal doors hanging , I have spoken to the housing and asked as best as I can if I buy the doors and wallpaper ,paints will they do it and if they have to charge me I will make payment on dd no came the reply .
I can't afford to get a painter and decorator in

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Dobiesmom, and welcome to the board.

Have you checked your local library or doctors surgery?

Both our library and surgery have a folder of information for carers. It has loads of practical information. In our area there is a group of volunteers that will do gardening and decorating for the elderly and disabled.

The other places that might be able to point you in the right direction are CAB, or your local volunteer organisation.

Would you mind telling us what area you live in? It is possible that someone may live near you and have more local information

Hugs

Daisy x

Edit - just had a thought, as you are a single parent, your local gingerbread group might be able to help

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/

Or, depending on what disability your child has, there are charities that give small grants for people with specific disabilites. The family fund gives grants for families of seriouly ill or severely disabled children. I'm just thinking, if you could get a small grant, you could pay someone to do the work?
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure