Santander SAR hassle

Spaceboules
Spaceboules Posts: 30 Forumite
edited 18 October 2019 at 5:39PM in Debt-free wannabe
I sent off a SAR to Santander then got a letter back asking for proof of address which came in the form of 'change of details' I filled it out and sent it back, now received a letter back saying "Sorry we cannot make these changes at the moment because some details are missing"

I now have to send back the form ensuring it's signed with full account number and full details of old and new address with a form of ID, which I sent last time. A driving license was acceptable according to their 'iD they accept" letter.

The above was done on my original SAR form, I signed, put account number, previous and new address and sent the correct form of ID.

Is this the normal way for a SAR? Is it easier to just do it online? Here

https://www.santanderconsumer.co.uk/your-data/access-your-data/subject-access-request/

Thank you.

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Bump.

Anyone?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • I think this thread is far more likely to get a helpful response on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts board. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family