MSE Big Winter Energy Switch

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Since when has BULB who only offer a single tariff been a MSE CEC special offer?

And the CEC cash back offer is worse than using a normal referral code.

Money talks...and MSE are getting paid for everyone they encourage to sign up.

....and just to make it even better, MSE have taken upon itself to reduce the total cost of each fuel supplied by Bulb by £12.50, presumably reflecting the amount Bulb will credit a user's account if they switch.

But you only get it if you switch a dual fuel, so if you are looking just at an electricity switch, you get given a totally misleading, lower price by MSE.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Also why are they now including the number of deals available?

In light of news today about hotel booking sites using numbers as scare tactics to get you to buy rooms which may not be the cheapest, this doesn't look good.

Classic pressure sales technique.

Selling fast, last one left, don't miss out, BUY NOW!

The Fischer Energy lot (those who sell OFTM & Economy Seven) love the countdowns on theiir websites too.
    Q. Has anyone on those sites ever been refused a sign-up because they have already met their signup target for the day?
    Nope, thought not. :cool:
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Perhaps no exit fee if its an internal switch?

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

But sadly not, I fear.

GNE only available to brand new customers, Bulb only has the 1 tariff, so anyone with Bulb is already on it, EDF will charge early exit fees to transfer, Eon are the only ones that will transfer exit fee free.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    cinders59 wrote: »
    I am on EDF Easy Online Exclusive Sep 19 v2 and was looking at the new 2020 fixed rate. It looks cheaper would save £196 yr but would have to pay £70 exit fee.
    My question is that looking at my Energy account the new fix for 2020 has a grey box that states Switch in Progress. I have not done a switch to that one. I only saw it in the newsletter today.

Any ideas why it is showing that status.
    Thanks

Did you switch to EDF Easy Online Exclusive Sep 19 v2 using MSE?
    If so, have you been paid the cashback yet?
    The 'Switch in Progress' usually disappears when you get paid the cashback.
  • I'm trying to get an up to date comparison, but it will not load any results at all for energy companies?

Is there a bug currently with the system?
  • Found the problem, this is one for the Dev team behind the site.
    Our "Current Tarrif" displayed at "Not Found".

This then caused a problem in the Javascript that runs with a console error that says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'currentTariff' of undefined."

I edited our current tariff details, just selecting the first tariff available from the drop box, and now the comparison screen works properly again.
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    wavelets wrote: »
    Did you switch to EDF Easy Online Exclusive Sep 19 v2 using MSE?
    If so, have you been paid the cashback yet?
    The 'Switch in Progress' usually disappears when you get paid the cashback.

Yes I did switch using MSE in Sept, and no I havent received cashback yet. It did state 3 months but been over 4 months
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    cinders59 wrote: »
    Yes I did switch using MSE in Sept, and no I havent received cashback yet. It did state 3 months but been over 4 months
    You have to allow 6 months before contacting them/they will investigate - I saw that on the site recently, I think in the FAQs
  • Hello NRGuser1 and welcome to the Forums.

Happy to confirm that, no, this tariff isn't conditional on smart meters.

Hope this explains. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

That's great. Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to agree to have smart meters fitted before I signed up!
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    wavelets wrote: »
    You have to allow 6 months before contacting them/they will investigate - I saw that on the site recently, I think in the FAQs

Thanks for the advice :)
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills