Economy Seven Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• thefsg
    thefsg Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's their style but the website is somewhat bizarre. BUT their billing seems to work.

I don't get nagged about meter readings for some reason.

And they'\re the cheapest ... been with them since February 2018 and still the cheapest according to the Cheap Energy Club.
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 August 2018 at 2:46PM
    Options
    thefsg wrote: »
    And they'\re the cheapest ... been with them since February 2018 and still the cheapest according to the Cheap Energy Club.

Perhaps MSE could save themselves a lot of money here.
    Scrap the CEC, and all the people they employ to run it, and simply tell everyone to switch to Eco 7 Energy.

Unless, of course, they are not the cheapest for everyone ...

:cool:

Whatver the true facts, thank you for returning to MSE after 2.5 years absence. Your posts are important, and this site would die if it were not for people like you who take the time and energy to return to post.

Do keep the posts coming, now you have returned. Thank you :)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    A price increase is imminent in the next few weeks.

From their website:
    Thank you for visiting us here at Eco 7 Energy.

Operating with complete transparency is very important to us and we strongly believe that honesty is always the best policy.

With this in mind, we think it is only fair to let you know that our prices are likely to increase in the next few weeks.

Wholesale prices.

Wholesale prices have continued to increase in 2018 with the majority of suppliers announcing price increases.

We wanted to make sure you were aware of the situation before you make the decision to switch. It is important to us that our customers know what the future may hold.

Please note — We will always provide at least 30 days-notice of any price change.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you as a customer soon.
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    I joined 4 months ago, as energy club showed it as cheapest. Yes the web site is basic but it works, however beware the meter readings I gave were reversed by them, luckily I spotted it before my first bill, I contacted them and after a number of emails and having to send photos of the readings they reversed them.
    Secondly the readings on website entry form are not marked off peak / on peak, so it's easy to put them in wrong way round.
    The do not tell you when you need to send readings or remind you the day before, hence if you get it wrong it's estimated.
    Finally they have increased prices recently, but so have all the others, they are still cheap, and from renewable sources, so I will be sticking with them for time being.

They have responded promptly to all my emails, and passed on any suggestions I have made, so cannot fault there after sales service.

Ecky
  • clochi
    clochi Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    ecclebrick wrote: »
    I joined 4 months ago, as energy club showed it as cheapest. Yes the web site is basic but it works, however beware the meter readings I gave were reversed by them, luckily I spotted it before my first bill, I contacted them and after a number of emails and having to send photos of the readings they reversed them.
    Secondly the readings on website entry form are not marked off peak / on peak, so it's easy to put them in wrong way round.
    The do not tell you when you need to send readings or remind you the day before, hence if you get it wrong it's estimated.
    Finally they have increased prices recently, but so have all the others, they are still cheap, and from renewable sources, so I will be sticking with them for time being.

They have responded promptly to all my emails, and passed on any suggestions I have made, so cannot fault there after sales service.

Ecky

I understood you have an E10 meter.

I'm didn't know the Energy Club catered for those with such a meter.:cool:

But congratualtions on successfully switching supplier with that meter. Glad you are happy with the new supplier, as you'll now have a nightmare should you ever try to switch again. ;)
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    Yes I do have an E10 meter, and the Energy Club showed this as the cheapest, however I contacted them and checked to see if they would accept E10 and they said yes.

I believe the rules have changed now, and larger suppliers will allow E10 meters on none E10 or E7 tariffs being used as a straight meter by just giving one combined reading, allowing access to their best fixed price ones.

Obviously this would only suit some who use very little off peak, compared to on peak, but it helps the switch if you need to ..

Ecclebrick
  • FullForce
    Options
    ecclebrick wrote: »
    Yes I do have an E10 meter, and the Energy Club showed this as the cheapest, however I contacted them and checked to see if they would accept E10 and they said yes.

I believe the rules have changed now, and larger suppliers will allow E10 meters on none E10 or E7 tariffs being used as a straight meter by just giving one combined reading, allowing access to their best fixed price ones.

Obviously this would only suit some who use very little off peak, compared to on peak, but it helps the switch if you need to ..

Ecclebrick

The Cheap Energy Club does not cater for those with E10 meters.
    In fact you cannot use any other ofgem accredited comparison site either.

Best of luck if you have switched supplier with that type of metering - you will need it as clochi has previously indicated to you.
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    I am logged on to the Energy Club as an E7 meter, which allows me to use the comparison, if I get an offer I contact the company to see if they include E10, and Economy7energy said yes.

They are are small company, and they need to improve the website, but once you are up and running they seem ok, and have answered all my emails promptly.

As for switching from them ... I will have to see, but you usually deal with the new company ... and they do the switch so we will see.

I am saving £180 per year on a £600 bill so not to be ignored ..

Ecclebrick
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    I am now into my 5th month with E7E and have just been informed of my second price rise, this time 7.4%,.
    I understand the reasons, but how can we sensibly compare companies with this kind of change, they promise a saving, the after joining the price rises are applied, and quickly erode any saving you would have had.
    What we need is a system which shows us the saving we may still be making against the company we swapped from, after a round of price rises, at least that would make us feel that swapping was worth while, come on Martin you are always telling US to swap ....

Ecclebrick
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Switching to a cheaper price plan is your only option if you choose a variable tariff.

You will need to switch every time the tariff increases (more often if another company brings out a cheaper tariff if you want to stay paying the least.

Only way to avoid this roundabout is to get a fixed tariff. Though that means paying higher prices at the outset.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback