Feedback on Utility Point

Comments

• SpotlandRules
    SpotlandRules Posts: 192 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2018 at 8:11PM
    I go live tomorrow. A couple of little niggles, but nothing that an email did not sort out - responded to within an hour.

I could not log into my account and there was no change password option. Within an hour, problem was rectified.

The account page is not too bad Options to enter your meter readings, View usage, view statements, Refer a friend and Efficiency at home.
  • I can't edit my post, so this is the full email with personal details removed:
    Hi XX,

This is to inform you that we received a request to switch your ELECTRICITY supply from Iresa to a new supplier. Please let us know within the next 5 days if you want to withdraw the transfer otherwise we will accept and proceed with the next steps of switching you over to your new supplier.

This information is for ELECTRICITY supply:
    Address: XX
    Supply Number: XX
    Serial Number: XX

Next Steps

Contact us within 5 days of receiving this email if you do not wish to initiate the transfer. If you are happy to transfer to a new supplier, we will wait for the new supplier to send your final reading to us. After we receive the readings, we will proceed with account closure. If there is any CREDIT left in your account after the final charge, this will be refunded to you. Any outstanding payment will also be requested as part of the account closure process.

Thanks. Please contact us on 01157270982 for any concerns or questions.
    I find the part that I have highlighted in red most interesting, as several people have commented on Iresa blocking the switch if the account is in debit.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    OK, maybe I'm getting way too savvy, but a few Switching websites are offering deals by a recent energy supplier entrant called Utility Point, which was issued its OFGEM license about six months ago - my parents can save £280 per annum if they change from their present First Utility service to a 'fixed' plan offer by Utility Point.

Having look at First Utility & EUGIE energy costs both gas and electricity prices, together with standing charges are considerable lower. Indeed, EUGIE standing charges seem very high to me.

Anyhow, I've got until 10 April to change supplier, so am emailing suppliers like mad and checking other places, such as Companies House.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I moved over to them on 24 Jan. My first statement is due this weekend. So far, it has been good.
  • editor1
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    I moved over to them on 24 Jan. My first statement is due this weekend. So far, it has been good.

Thanks for feedback, what few reviews exist seem positive but prices are good. I've forwarded an enquiry about what assistance they offer for mobility challenged OAPs given it seems they don't support Smart meters.

Hope a few others can give their own experiences before moving supplier during first week of April.
  • I've been looking at utility point my present deal runs out 02/06/18 they seem one of cheapest on market so was looking for feedback from anyone in the know.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The CS I have had so far, has been fantastic. There was a problem with my first direct debit, not enough funds (A tad embarassing for my first payment). They phoned me a week later, to ask what date they would like it to be represented.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    editor1 wrote: »
    Thanks for feedback, what few reviews exist seem positive but prices are good. I've forwarded an enquiry about what assistance they offer for mobility challenged OAPs given it seems they don't support Smart meters.

Hope a few others can give their own experiences before moving supplier during first week of April.

All suppliers have to offer Priority Services Registration irrespective of the type of meter installed:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/priority-services-register-people-need
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I myself made a thread for Utility Point here and have signed up to them recently. I have to say it has been mostly effortless with only one or two phone calls needed to iron out a few wrinkles.

One thing I will say is that if they are busy when you phone them, you don't get dumped into queue. You can either leave a message and somebody will call you back when they aren't so busy, or you can just keep trying. I'm not sure how well leaving a message will cope if they take more customers onboard - I suspect they will eventually need to invest in a proper phone system which has support for queues.
  • editor1
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Hengus wrote: »
    All suppliers have to offer Priority Services Registration irrespective of the type of meter installed:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/priority-services-register-people-need

Hengus,

Again, thanks for this information. Despite registering with First Utility for said service, they never bothered, but they were able to get the OVO Smart meter installed transmitting to them - which, as stated, really is a boon to my elderly folks. However, I don't think overpaying OVO or First Utility is a boon when i can get Duel Fuel fixed plans from EUGIO, Outfox the Market and the business named in my original post for 18 quid less per month. As such, all three companies have been emailed and FB enquiries made.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback