Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    We were going to go out for tea tonight but Mr AJ bought steak while out wombling :D. It means I can have a drink with my meal and no driving :cool:

Off to catch-up xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 February 2018 at 5:29PM
    Well I'm having another NSD today, although I keep getting tempted and putting things in online baskets:eek:
    But my new mantra is 'make use of, mend, or [STRIKE]chuck the b@gger out[/STRIKE] I mean minimise!'
    Following the search for the wedding certificate I shredded more old papers and filled a large bin bag, I've gone through the old magazines I've been keeping for the interesting articles :rotfl: and have taken out the half a dozen pages that I really want to keep. Recycling bin is full and have now nearly filled my neighbours too.
    Friend came around to help me sort out a few of my excess clothes for listing on the bay, or wherever, I passed on 3 things to her.
    The neighbour came for coffee so I gave her the 2 bikini tops she keeps borrowing from me, and a china bowl.
    The Grumpy old one, who is grumpier than usual as his back 'has gone off' he's in pain and can't work, bless him, has been given leave of absence to go to the pub and moan to his friends has been dispatched with 3 old towels for a friend who will use them for her dog.
    Friends daughter is buying her first house so I'm filling a washing up bowl and bucket with 'useful' things for her, and have included a couple of those airwick candles and the reeds we got for next to nowt I don't know how long ago.
    DS and family are visiting tomorrow for a few days so I'll see what I can 'pass on' to them.
    Only another few thousand things to go...............
  • michaels wrote: »
    Was about to say that but you got in first between multiquote and my post.

All 5 of us trooped into the local and got our two - dw went for 2x2.90 then forgot the 60p cookie so we had to canx transact and rebuy - embarassing.
    AAAAAaaarrrrrrggghhhhh! I forgot about cookies!
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    What's the subway cookie please ? Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Re subway do you buy one 6" and get another free there and then please.

I have one unregistered card as well as the registered one but don't have offer on that one :(

Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • I am a bit concerned about the BBC putting Tom Daley story about a baby on their front page, because as far as I can see there is no confirmation it is legal or not.
    You can have surrogates in the UK and pay "reasonable" expenses encurred. Also the "mother", even with a contract, can still say she wants to keep the child.
    If it had been an announcement of the child's birth and adoption, it would entirely be fine, as long as confirmed, but without checking the facts, aren't the BBC putting them in a position of accepting something that seems to have been on "social" media. The exact thing that news agencies have been advising people not to do.

Anyway I have a bee in my bonnet about articial insemination/surrogacy when there are orphans and children out there without families, who only have a life of social care and then abandonment by teh state when they come of age. Not a good start in life for a innocent child.

Serious moment now finished for this month :)

Bee comes from the fact I am one of the lucky ones, adopted by my mum and dad at four months old and loved and cared for as much, and probably more than, other children born to their parents.
  • cjj wrote: »
    Re subway do you buy one 6" and get another free there and then please.

I have one unregistered card as well as the registered one but don't have offer on that one :(

Tia xx
    Yes, in fact they offered to make me a fot long for the price of the 6 inch in my store. Just say, can I have the buy one get one free please. Make sure you wave your registered card at them when paying and get them to scan it so you get the 500 points on 24th. You don't need a crad for the BOGOF anyway, just for the 500 points.
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just bought from Iceland, very large, 3 wick, different Christmas flavoured candles in silver or red glass pots......10p. Also mandarin & spice melting wax kit with ceramic pot. also 10p. Even if the scent doesn't last, for 10p the candle is worth it:)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Honestly:rotfl:

I never touched him:rotfl:
    He was like that when I found him:o

Captions please

80_BAFEBB-_CA83-44_A2-_BC2_E-_D79_C0254_D9_D3.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite

We have a peasant that is a frequent visitor to our garden.

Nothing to boast about really:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business