Have Together Energy gone bust?

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    If that is true ,why the h**l don't TE update the FAQs on their website aimed at former OS customers?? Still says bills by 14th Feb. but haven't had mine OR any replies to emails:mad:

A three year fix isn’t much good if they go bust. I went for a two year fix with EDF who are unlikely to go bust as they are 85% owned by the French state.
  • Together Energy doesn't respond to my requests for support. I've been with TE for almost a year and I haven't yet received a satisfactory service from the company. There is lots wrong with their approach to customers.
  • I was a one select customer and got shipped to TE. I was in credit with OS over £200. With no communication from TE I today called them. They emailed me my OS final bill (still £175 cr) but refused to refund a DD they took two days after I switched to another supplier. I was told they are doing final bills but prioritising OS customers who stayed with them and I won't see any refund until at least 6 weeks time ��
  • Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I got a bill from Together yesterday with my One Select final balance. £200 + in credit.

I've been through this a few times now (defunct energy companies) and the first thing I learnt is cancel the Direct Debit. They'll just keep taking and taking your money whenever they like but when you want to get YOUR money back it's a whole different story.

Anyway, I should be off to AVRO on the 25th of this month and I reckon I should be about quits with Together so will just wait for a final statement. If I'm in debit I might make them wait 6 weeks !
  • I have just taken Together Energy to the Small Claims Court and won! They simply would not refund my over payment after moving home and moving to another energy provider. If any one wants to know the procedure let me know. Its very simple and took me approx 2 months. Just awaiting payment via the courts now.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 February 2019 at 11:27AM
    I have just taken Together Energy to the Small Claims Court and won! ...

Was the win by default?
    Just awaiting payment via the courts now.

Might be a very long wait, especially if the OP is to be believed ;)

Better to follow the suppliers complaint procedure, which is free to do:money:
  • Statement from the administrators in The Gazette is an interesting read - sorry, as a newbie I can't post links.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    I have just taken Together Energy to the Small Claims Court and won! They simply would not refund my over payment after moving home and moving to another energy provider. If any one wants to know the procedure let me know. Its very simple and took me approx 2 months. Just awaiting payment via the courts now.

Anyone wanting to know the small claims court procedure should Google it.rather than contact this poster

(This post doesn't look right - it takes much longer than just 2 months to get judgement with a court hearing, and the court doesn't make payment to the claimant following the judgement - the payment comes directly from the defendant)
  • Sorry, you are incorrect. I used the Scottish Small Claims process and applied in December. Together Energy failed to respond and last week I sent in the form for a decision. That came through yesterday from Dumbarton court with the decision in my favour awarding the full amount plus the £19 court fee. Yes you are correct the payment will come from the defendant, but the court has ruled in my favour, so just waiting for them to pay. Not sure why you think this isn't a genuine post!!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    So there's been no hearing, and no court appearance.

You have won a default ccj (with no need for a hearing)!

(Inviting us to contact you always raises concerns!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure