Feedback on Utility Point

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    1 month in and first statement; for the period 15/01 to 14/02; meter reads provided on 14/02 and correctly identified on statement; it works.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I had to contact them via livechat to issue me a statement. My first bill on jan 15 and until 2pm today had nothing
    , within 20 seconds of asking bill generated - was doing daily reads just in case
  • So they are upgrading their website. Although their old site was basic, it was easy to use. Hopefully their new one will be just as easy.
  • grumpycrab
    So they are upgrading their website. Although their old site was basic, it was easy to use. Hopefully their new one will be just as easy.
    Fingers crossed 1. the site doesn't come back broken and 2. it comes back in a timely fashion...I see you can still logon **but it's not a secure connection** so take care.
    https://www.utilitypoint.co.uk/Account/Login
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hopefully that floating banner ad for boiler cover is upgraded away, really annoying
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I joined via the internet this am and had expected some kind of communication from them via my email address confirming my switch but nothing. Is this usual please. Have tried phoning but requested to leave a message.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    MABLE wrote: »
    I joined via the internet this am and had expected some kind of communication from them via my email address confirming my switch but nothing. Is this usual please. Have tried phoning but requested to leave a message.

You will probably find they send you an initial welcome email overnight.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    You will probably find they send you an initial welcome email overnight.

Just received. Many thanks!
  • grumpycrab
    MABLE wrote: »
    Just received. Many thanks!
    Blimey, give them a chance. Remember you have 14-day cooling off period before anything actually happens. Read the welcome pack. e.g. Direct Debit amounts correct? (they used to have higher payments over the winter months - not sure if that still applies). Also, Customer Service has just been improved (well, twitter has been alot more active this week if that mean anything.)
    The only other bit of advice is to provide meter readings on account day minus 1 (in order to get an accurate statement). They may have improved this feature. Other than that, double check meter serial numbers, start meter reads (take photos!) and direct debit details and you should be ok...
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Has anyone joined UP for one fuel and then at a later date transferred the other fuel to them?

We are already have our electricity supply with them but may move our gas supply as well.

Their account portal doesn't seem to show adding a new fuel as an option - so does anyone know if they set it up as a new account (with new login details) or if their systems are clever enough to place it under the same login etc?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback