PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    caronc wrote: »
    Just had some wonderful news my elder son's lovely gf said "yes":heart::heart:, I am absolutely delighted :j:j:j

:T :T :T

Great news Caronc is this the Greek lady?
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Re neighbours... until somebody's suffered at the uncaring hands of poor neighbours you can't begin to understand the way the anxiety of what/when/where consuming your every waking moment; you're unable to relax, expecting "it" to start at any minute... the trouble is that, in the main, there are few others who are affected by them/in the same way/to the same degree.... so you're really "on your own" - and when you ARE "on your own entirely" ... and feel/are powerless to change anything, it sucks all the energy from you night and day, day and night, week in, week out, endlessly .... never a moment's peace. Nothing... anxiety all the way, awaiting for the "next bit of nonsense".

I'll be moving soon - and the next house will have the lessons learned applied to the decision-making ticklist. But you never know what new horrors you're buying into do you :)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    .... said "yes" ... I am absolutely delighted

That's handy - it'd be awful if you begrudged the very air she breathed!

Nobody ever asked me.... so I never got to make the decision.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Brambling wrote: »
    :T :T :T

Great news Caronc is this the Greek lady?
    It is :):):)
    I'll be looking out my copy of a "Big Fat Greek Wedding" tonight :rotfl::rotfl:
    That said I don't think they are in any hurry to tie the knot and I suspect when they do it will be low key.;)
  • caronc
    That's handy - it'd be awful if you begrudged the very air she breathed!
    It is - she's a lovely lass and so very good for my boy. :D:D
  • caronc
    Re neighbours... until somebody's suffered at the uncaring hands of poor neighbours you can't begin to understand the way the anxiety of what/when/where consuming your every waking moment; you're unable to relax, expecting "it" to start at any minute... the trouble is that, in the main, there are few others who are affected by them/in the same way/to the same degree.... so you're really "on your own" - and when you ARE "on your own entirely" ... and feel/are powerless to change anything, it sucks all the energy from you night and day, day and night, week in, week out, endlessly .... never a moment's peace. Nothing... anxiety all the way, awaiting for the "next bit of nonsense".

I'll be moving soon - and the next house will have the lessons learned applied to the decision-making ticklist. But you never know what new horrors you're buying into do you :)
    Thankfully I can only imagine how distressing a NFH can be. <<hug>>
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It is :):):)
    I'll be looking out my copy of a "Big Fat Greek Wedding" tonight :rotfl::rotfl:
    That said I don't think they are in any hurry to tie the knot and I suspect when they do it will be low key.;)
    Plenty of time to look for a "new hat" then?
    Lunch was the tinned sardines as planned, but no fig, not quite ripe enough, maybe tomorrow
    Dinner will be as planned, with nuked frozen peas

Rain looking even less likely now, sun's out, watered everything
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • :D Caron:D:beer:

.....and not forgetting the hat:)
  • caronc
    I don't really "do" hats unless it a woolly one :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I don't really "do" hats unless it a woolly one :rotfl::rotfl:

It's not that I don't do hats, they don't do me :rotfl: my sister says we look like mushrooms with a hat on :rotfl:

I think most of us have had annoying neighbours but few of us have been unlucky enough to have NFH I'm just glad they have gone PN as no one should feel unsafe in their own home especially if they live alone :) hopefully you can sort your move without the added stress of these awful neighbours :)

Lunch was a smoked mackerel salad, a lot nicer than yesterday lunch, TBH it would have been difficult to have been worst :cool:. Dinner will be late to night as I'm just off out so depending on time will be eggs of some kind or I've crumpets hiding in th e freezer:rotfl:

Or could be both
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback