Flight delay and cancellation compensation, KLM/AF ONLY

Comments

• sootylfc
    sootylfc Posts: 18 Forumite
    At the time of your flight were there any other flights taking off

Yep flights taking off through out the morning, some delayed some on time.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Put the details of the flight into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say
  • sootylfc
    EUCLAIM

An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation.
    An extraordinary circumstance is a situation which the airline has no control over and cannot be held responsible for, for example, a strike by air traffic control staff, bad weather or a terrorist attack.

With our years of experience in the field of passenger rights, we do not expect to achieve a positive result in this case. Therefore, we are unable to accept your claim. Should you wish to pursue your claim further, we advise you to contact the airline or your legal expenses/travel insurer.

Despite being unable to accept your claim, we hope we have provided you with satisfactory service and advice. Should you experience a problem with a flight in the future, we would be pleased to provide you with our free advice once again.
  • Justice13075
    What about bottonline?
  • sootylfc
    What about bottonline?
    Thank you for checking your flight delay claim on our calculator at bottonline.co.uk website.
    We're sorry to say that on this occasion we don’t have jurisdiction to handle your claim for compensation for flight YW8727/ANE8727 on 15/02/2018 under Regulation EC261/2004.
  • Justice13075
    Unless you try to sue them yourself but I believe that would be in Portugal it's pretty much the end of the road. Maybe someone else can come up with advice
  • Dullville
    Dullville Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Bit of a tricky one I think, after advise whether worth pursuing.
    My brother and his son were in Moscow last week , booked a flight online with KLM on Thursday 12th to fly the following day.
    Carrier was Aeroflot and Flybmi as they were transferring in Paris.
    Confirmation from KLM of booking was emailed and Flybmi emailed a link through to check in online for the Paris flight.
    After trying to check in online for both flights my brother realised there must be a problem as was unable to do so.
    He contacted KLM via email and on WhatsApp about 12pm on the 12th and eventually they replied about 2030pm saying even though an approval code had been generated for payment(payment had left brothers account as soon as he made booking), there had been a problem issuing the ticket and the chap from KLM UK couldn’t sort it his en only KLM Russia could do it, he then supplied the number for KLM Russia.
    Guess what ..KLM Russia’s office shut at 8pm.
    Anyway brother and nephew went to airport at 6am for the 9am flight to hopefully sort it out there with KLM, he was especially happier as approx 0230am KLM sent him 2 separate flight tickets for him and his boy.
    Qued 40 mins at check in to be told at the desk there was no ticket in the system for him as KLM had cancelled the booking! Obviously this was the first he knew. Went to see the KLM rep at airport and basically she said there was nothing she could do and he should ring KLM Russia when it opens at 8am.
    He rang and they said there really sorry that there had been an issue with there IT and booking had accidentally been cancelled, offered him one other option later that day 6pm to Amsterdam then onto Southampton the next day, totally unacceptable so he said no thanks and booked with Finnair the following day as would get him home 5 hours before KLM could of.
    Obviously had to spend another night in hotel at Moscow airport before his 5am flight next day.
    Is this scenario covered by the EU cancellation policies? Can he claim for the additional cost he suffered and for the new flight he brought?
    Sorry about the long post but hopefully enough info in there for you experts. Thanks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You post is a bit confusing. we need a clear list of details of:
    flight number, times and airlines of each stage.
    It doesn't usually matter who the journey was booked through but who the actual operating airline was.
    I wasn't aware there was a KLM Russia airline?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Dullville
    Dullville Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    JPears wrote: »
    You post is a bit confusing. we need a clear list of details of:
    flight number, times and airlines of each stage.
    It doesn't usually matter who the journey was booked through but who the actual operating airline was.
    I wasn't aware there was a KLM Russia airline?
    Sorry for the confusion, the flights ran on time just not with my brother on them due to the booking being cancelled by KLM sometime after it had been confirmed.
    I meant the KLM office based in Russia who administered the original booking who my brother was told to contact.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Lets try again,
    The flight from Moscow to Paris was Aeroflot? Or KLM?
    The flight from Paris to ? was FlyBMI?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills