IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Another PCN Thread - Robin Hood

Hi all,

The driver of my car spent less than a minute on double-yellow lines in an area just outside Robin Hood Airport with plenty of space around, on a road/at a time where you'll spot another car once every few minutes.
It just so happened, though, that a traffic control vehicle stopped on the other side of the road right at the same time to take these photos/put this charge through.
So to clarify, I - as keeper - received a PCN, there was no ticket on the windscreen.
For what it's worth, the reason for stopping was that the driver was about to join the motorway and there was a warning light on the dashboard. The driver felt that this area was a much safer place to perform a check, rather than on the motorway...

The PCN has 3 images of the car, stopped, with about 30 seconds duration between photo 1 and 3.

I've read through the threads here, including the newbie thread, and on Pepipoo but there's a lot to take in and I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing for my personal situation:

The idea is to appeal the charge on myparkingcharge.co.uk using the template letter in the newbies thread.
Can somebody please confirm that this is the correct thing to do?

My other question is, what should I use as the Reason for my appeal? I don't want that to jeapordise anything but I don't like any of the options given.
If need be, I can post the list of options I have given to me but for now I'll assume they're known to the experts here.

Thanks for everything, the people on this forum and the one on Pepipoo are doing great work!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You are using a template appeal, so don't need to alter it!

Help us to help you by posting the options you now want advice on
  • Eveniskey
    Eveniskey Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thanks for your reply, Quentin.

Here are the options available to me as a drop-down list:

Valid Ticket:
    Here are 3 options for reasons to do with issues with a valid ticket, but this is not relevant for me

Contravention did not occur:
    > I did not park for the stated time
    > I did not receive the charge notice on my vehicle
    > I was authorised to park
    > I was not sent the Charge Notice in the post
    > I was stopping to answer a phone call
    > I was stopping to ask for/check directions
    > My vehicle was not in the car park at the time of the contravention
    > There was no signage at the car park/location indicating any restrictions

Not owner:
    3 options for if I do not own the vehicle/did not at the time

Stolen:
    2 options relating to stolen vehicle

Disabled:
    3 options relating to being disabled

Charge not received:
    > I did not receive the charge notice in the post
    > I was not aware that I incurred a Charge Notice
    > The Charge Notice was not fixed to my vehicle

Breakdown:
    > I had a flat battery
    > I had a flat tyre
    > I ran out of fuel
    > My vehicle had brokend down and I was waiting for recovery

Medical:
    four options relating to a medical incident
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Surely there is 'OTHER'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Eveniskey
    You'd think so but no. I don't want to just put any and that jeopardise my appeal later down the line....
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Does the Notice to Keeper (from VCS, I presume) offer you the opportunity to appeal direct to VCS rather than 'myparkingcharge'?

That route may provide a workaround for the drop down boxes designed to entrap.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Eveniskey
    I see nothing on the website stating that I can appeal direct to VCS, though it is from them. It's ridiculous! Absolutely infuriating.

I'd send an image showing the appeal process on the PCN but as a new user to this forum it won't let me send a link.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Did you receive a letter through the post from VCS?
    I'd send an image showing the appeal process on the PCN but as a new user to this forum it won't let me send a link.
    HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've got a few posts under their belt.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Or pick the nearest option and then explain in your appeal that you were forced to pick an option that did not apply to the circumstances at the time

If the driver had a valid reason to stop I would ADD that to the template at this point. Its far more credible. There was nebver any intention to enter into any contract, there cannot BE any contratc as this is a prohibited action No parking is allowed, not you can park for X amount) and BEAVIS cannot apply to a roadway that is likely goverened by byelaws AND / OR the RTEs in any case.
  • Eveniskey
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Did you receive a letter through the post from VCS?

I did yes, there was no ticket on my car, just a letter through the post
    Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've got a few posts under their belt.
    That is what's stopping me from sending a link to imgur or uploading an image, I've too few posts at this point, unfortunately.
  • Eveniskey
    Or pick the nearest option and then explain in your appeal that you were forced to pick an option that did not apply to the circumstances at the time

If the driver had a valid reason to stop I would ADD that to the template at this point. Its far more credible. There was nebver any intention to enter into any contract, there cannot BE any contratc as this is a prohibited action No parking is allowed, not you can park for X amount) and BEAVIS cannot apply to a roadway that is likely goverened by byelaws AND / OR the RTEs in any case.

OK, thanks for your advice here. I've still got a bit of time til I need to make the appeal so I'll see if anybody else offers different advice, or if someone posts about a similar experience, otherwise I'll give this a go.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport