IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ Set Aside

Comments

• Do you reckon I would be best off submitting a Subject Access Request now?
    Debt Free by Xmas 2021 = £0/£6,500
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Make it really clea that
    - on x date you moved
    - on y date their AGENT, DRP, sent you a letter at NEW ADDRESS indicating that the claimant was aware of your new address
    - on z date, despite being aware of your NEW ADDRESS, the claim was filed at OLD ADDRESS.
    - THe claimant has therefore not provided good service.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes, you ALSO submit a SAR.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Make it really clea that
    - on x date you moved
    - on y date their AGENT, DRP, sent you a letter at NEW ADDRESS indicating that the claimant was aware of your new address
    - on z date, despite being aware of your NEW ADDRESS, the claim was filed at OLD ADDRESS.
    - THe claimant has therefore not provided good service.

That's a good idea, spelling that out shows they have failed to serve it properly or to take reasonable steps to use what they knew was a newer address, for the pre-action protocol exchange of letters.

The silence from the old address, and their knowledge that there was another address, would have told the PPC to try the latter for the LBC before issuing a claim at an address they had every reason to conclude was no longer your address.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks Nosferatu. I have probably not put it quite so explicitly but I have mentioned when I moved, provided confirmation and also added the debt recovery letter which clearly shows the date. I was very keen to get it off today as I know that acting swiftly is preferred to provarication.

SAR to follow!
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • ShakeItOff
    ShakeItOff Posts: 415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 January 2019 at 12:38AM
    [STRIKE]I've got my SAR ready and good to go. Interestingly PPS don't have a privacy statement on their website, and funnily enough, there is no data protection officer email. Wonder why that could possibly be?[/STRIKE] (Thanks Coupon, again! :o)

Anyway, I suspect this will probably all go a bit quiet now for a few days/week or so, while the set aside is winging its way to Northampton, and PPS deliberate over some of the big words...
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • Coupon-mad
    Interestingly PPS don't have a privacy statement on their website, and funnily enough, there is no data protection officer email. Wonder why that could possibly be?
    Yes, they do.

How do people keep missing various parking firms' privacy statements? I would be happy if I had earned a fiver every time I've had to do this sort of thing (Google search, took 10 seconds) since GDPR came in:

http://pps.uk.com/gdpr_noanpr.html
  • Where is that face palm emoji? Thanks Coupon!

Right... off to the right place it goes!
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • Just popping in to update. I received a letter today to say that my application to have the judgment set aside has been referred to my local county court, who will be in touch directly.
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • Coupon-mad
    Why didn't you take your application to your local court? No need to have sent it to the CCBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure