Face wash and exfoliating

Options
Any recommendations of effective face washes and exfoliating scrubs

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • keithdc
    keithdc Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Swarfega??
  • Southend1
    Southend1 Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nowt wrong with good old soap and water
  • chunkytfg
    Options
    As this is the DIY section start with a good heavy P180 sand paper and then work up the grades to around 2000 so you can get a nice dull shine. Then polish for a lovely deep shine! Lol
    Those who risk nothing, Do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing
    MFW #63 £0/£500
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘In my home’ board to the ‘Health & Beauty’ board, where it is better suited.

It's less likely to attract tips such as Swarfega and sandpaper which you might find are a bit harsh for your facial skin.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depends on your skin type there are many facial washes at cheap and cheerful to eye-watering prices. Also, a good old flannel is a cheap facial exfoliator used with a face wash. Buy a few of these so whilst one is in the wash you have another ready.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,176 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    St. Ives apricot scrub is very effective, not expensive and contains NO plastic micro beads. Sold in Asda and Sainsbury's so I dare say in any other supermarket.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • BappyBrunette
    Options
    I use a flannel and whatever cleanser/soap is on offer :)
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Micellar water and a cotton wool pad...magic
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    I love my konjac sponge as it seems to gently exfoliate my face without making it dry or irritated. I just use it with water, I have used it with a cleanser too but it isn't really necessary as I take my make up off with coconut oil first (oil cleansing method) . It's about £2.50 from Superdrug.
    I have used the Clarisonic and other cleansing brushes but I always go back to that sponge.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure