Honour in NI's Politicians?

Comments

• x12yhp
    x12yhp Posts: 801 Forumite
    Paisley is somewhat confirming all the bad politician stereotypes. Moreover, he makes his constituency seem like a pack of idiots because, even if a by-election were held, the idiots would simply vote him back in.
    Always overestimating...
  • x12yhp
    BigAl94 wrote: »

I wonder if the percentage of DUP voters, who might consider reading the independent, tops 10%? I did see the story yesterday but the problem, as I see it, is that most of those who vote for him would put an x beside his name whilst watching him steal sweets from their children.

Let’s face it, in NI, many voters would happily enslave ‘the other side’, were they given opportunity. The people are stuck in the past and the politicians target that for their own benefit. No one can say that the politics of NI is benefiting the province.
    Always overestimating...
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 July 2018 at 7:07PM
    x12yhp wrote: »
    I wonder if the percentage of DUP voters, who might consider reading the independent, tops 10%? I did see the story yesterday but the problem, as I see it, is that most of those who vote for him would put an x beside his name whilst watching him steal sweets from their children.

Let!!!8217;s face it, in NI, many voters would happily enslave !!!8216;the other side!!!8217;, were they given opportunity. The people are stuck in the past and the politicians target that for their own benefit. No one can say that the politics of NI is benefiting the province.

It doesn't have to be those who voted for him who depose him. I'm quite sure 10% of his constituents can't stand the sight of him. They're the people who'll force a by election.
    What a corner boy.
    If he was my MP, I'd stand against him as an Anti Corruption candidate. Someone trying that in Antrim north might get enough votes to prevent the blighter getting elected. Go for it.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • x12yhp
    It doesn't have to be those who voted for him who depose him. I'm quite sure 10% of his constituents can't stand the sight of him. They're the people who'll force a by election.
    What a corner boy.
    If he was my MP, I'd stand against him as an Anti Corruption candidate. Someone trying that in Antrim north might get enough votes to prevent the blighter getting elected. Go for it.

I realise it is ok to get the by election. What I mean is that he would simply run and win.
    Always overestimating...
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 July 2018 at 10:43PM
    x12yhp wrote: »
    I realise it is ok to get the by election. What I mean is that he would simply run and win.

Could he really survive this? I'd be looking at a suspended sentence at the least if I did something like that in my job. Could the electorate let him away with this?
    An anti corruption candidate is vital here, if only as a spoiler.

The Sri Lankan government were oppressing the Tamil minority, who wanted their own state in the north east of the island. This government that paisley was working for were determined to enforce a United island by any brutal means necessary.
    Now, does anyone see the irony here?
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • His expenses claims have always been right up there at the top and I think between 2010 & 2015 exceeded over £1 million.
    It's a hard life for some :mad:
  • x12yhp
    Could he really survive this? I'd be looking at a suspended sentence at the least if I did something like that in my job. Could the electorate let him away with this?
    An anti corruption candidate is vital here, if only as a spoiler.

Of course, I cannot say with certainty. I would happily put money on it. I would love to lose my money and be shown that the voters actually used their brains.
    Always overestimating...
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Looks like Paisley's vote will hold or even increase in North Antrim if he stands in a bi-election, the mind boggles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure