PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry Piggers, I wasn't online but I was with you! Hope you felt the vibes! Bathroom, ensuite and downstairs loo cleaned, with a short coffee break and catch up with a friend in the middle of it. And the bonus part - she took a couple of DD's cast off games for her granddaughter, so win-win.

I'm summoning guag now to tackle the bedroom...
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 July 2018 at 4:44PM
    Welcome Maisie M! :wave:

(((Hugs))) Frodders and Dancemum if you're reading. More job-securing vibes for you, ATB.

I had a text on my landline (I hate them and thought I'd blocked them) saying someone was due to arrive today at about 7.30 last night. I had completely and utterly forgotten a five week booking. I'm falling apart here. Anyway it's all sorted after shifting a lot of stuff about because obviously can't have all the furniture we're selling in her room while she's here, space needed to be made in the fridge, a food cupboard and things generally looking shipshape. After a trip to the dentist this morning (a jab, drilling) I'm now cream-crackered.

All four chalet blankets washed, dried, folded and in my office in an enormous stack because it's the only way to fit the furniture that's for sale in there as well. A kitten will pull it over but what else can I do?

Now have to take Kelpie to hyrdrotherapy and then after that I can clear some paperwork or just flop.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Afternoon all. Hope you're all ok - virtual hugs for Piggers, and I hope you get a chance to flop HB.

No flying being done here. We have family staying after the wedding - which was amazing btw - so I'm making sure everyone is fed, watered and entertained.

Slinkie update - still heavier than when I started at the beginning of the year (still scrubbed up ok though for the wedding!)

Scrimpers - All spent up and dipping in to savings a little. But HB gave me a lecture and said it's ok for weddings and stuff. Thanks HB.

Catch you all soon.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,979 Forumite
    deary me... Ebay are possibly getting better!!

1st they found a resolution in my favour because I had posted an item and the buyer didn't bother arranging a redelivery..

2nd.. they removed the negative feedback said buyer left because I had fulfilled my end of the transaction and was not to blame for their inaction..

I did, as a goodwill gesture, refund the amount she paid minus the postage and fees which I was under no obligation to do.

Cheeky mare said she didn't see why I refused a full refund because I could resell the item.. I tried pointing out that I would then be out of pocket for the postage costs, the fees and the postage bag.. I don't even know why she felt it was anyones fault but her own, other than she claims to have not had a red card.. but the tracking details were on the listing before the ink on the receipt was dry!! so that wasn't really an excuse, she just had to click that link.. and suspiciously she contacted me to say she hadn't received the item the very same day it was marked for return to sender.. I bet she decided she was skint and wanted the money back and came unstuck when that didn't happen..

Anyway... go Ebay!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • I've actually done some flying today:

A friend came today to relieve me of some 'stuff' today, so a little bit of decluttering of the cellar and the kitchen.
    Then, while Pickle was in the bath I had a massive sort out of the bathroom. I'm going to ask the cleaner to give the bathroom a deep nooks and crannies clean tomorrow, then that's one room feeling the 'we may move soon' love.

I've washed one load of baby stuff to pass on to some friends, another lot waiting to go in tomorrow and a third lot still in the cellar as it's not needed by the designated friends just yet.

I've done one load of our washing that needs hanging up, but the yard is currently in direct sunlight and it's too hot for me to even hang it out, so will do it at the end of the match and leave it out overnight.

Will need to cleaner proof the rest of the house shortly.

I think that's all from me.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    I have an interview and 20 minute presentation to prep for Thursday :T:T:T:eek::eek:

Vibes needed ladies xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

If it!!!8217;s gone it!!!8217;s done. I!!!8217;ll finish the bathroom after my cuppa. Then off to the gym. I went for the first time since 29th Jan yesterday:eek: I hurt!:D

Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area
    Level Two..
    Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine!
    Level Three...
    Clean the windowsills
    Clean medicine cabinet - throw away out of date medicines.
    Extras..
    Wipe skirting boards up the stairs

Twinkling Tuesday ~ Master bedroom and Landing

Level Three...
    Straighten/sort through make up
    Throw away any empty/out of date bottles
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc..
    Clean main light and any lampshades
    Clear the top of a bedside cupboard/chest of drawers or shelf

We!!!8217;ve had some welcome rain overnight. It!!!8217;s positively cool:rotfl: I hope I don!!!8217;t get wet going for the bus.

Have a great day everyone. atb Posivibes heading your way.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,835 Forumite
    ATB good luck, fingers crossed here for you.

Yesterday afternoon was spent reading a book, in the garden under the shade, first time I have done that for a long time.

So far today, I have taken down three lampshades washed / cleaned/ removed the dust off them ,carefully dired them and re hung...................looks so much brighter when you turn the lights on, I last time I did these shades was about 5 years ago.....

I have also got a box, am about to go through all my clothes and have a major sort out, said clothes will then either be CS / eby / car boot.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Morning all. Just got up, family still upstairs but I can hear movement.

Yesterday I did get the washing up to date, the ironing will have to wait. I need to grab Some time today to put the hoover round as all this extra footfall has made the carpets disgusting.

Shopping and afternoon tea today.

Oh, welcome back FBO and posivibes for ATB.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Minimal flying done here as it's too hot. Washing reasonably up to date and kitchen cleared each morning whilst it's still bearable. Once I get home from work in the afternoon it is over 30° outside and around 29° inside in the main living area so I tend to go and hide away in one of the cooler parts.
    Will try and sort out a few more clothes etc in our bedroom, I am trying things on that I haven't worn regularly and asking would I buy them today if no then they are going. I am enjoying the space and discovering a few forgotten items.

Hugs to all those struggling
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport