IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Resident Parking

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    One vrucial piece of evidence is the Highways Terrier, whcih will definitively show that this is Council land. You can ask for htis from the council directly - not FOI, just ring and ask them! - and can be sent to your email. Should be free aor at most a tiny charge

Once you have this you can think about hte counterclaim. They will have known because they are required to act with reasonable skill and diligence, that this land was NOT land they had been contracted to operate on. As such they had no right to issue a ticket (if it was on the windscreen this is Trepsass to Goods) and certainly, presuming you did NOT give them your details - they only got your personal info from the DVLA - they had no "reasonable cause" to access your personal, private informaiton that has caused you such distress and harassment.

Vidal-Hall v Google is a key authority for this, and you will need to use it - for 10 tickets having gone to a claim, AND them not buunlding the claims together as they are *required to do* as officers of the court, I would say £250 per ticket is not unreaonsable

Howveer, look at how much that would cost you to do.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,028
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    on who's instructions are the partying company acting on, in other words who let the parking company loose? who is the management company ?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 November 2018 at 12:12PM
    Half-way,
    This is the next part of my action the landlord, they have broken my right to quite enjoyment, also in my lease it says, This is a derogation from grant, in my contract, it said I can use common land for whatever I what to, more importantly, it does not say I will be charged £100 for parking my car on site.

My plan was to beat PCM in court then take The landlord to court for breach of contract, and any thing else I can get them for.

But if anyone thinks there is a better way please let me know.
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 November 2018 at 12:12PM
    nosferatu1001
    On the phone now
    reading Vidal-Hall V Google this afternoon
    Sound good that would sort Christmas out LOL :rotfl::T
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,028
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You need to go one step above the landlord, to the management company, in most cases it will be the management company who will have taken the ppc on, and not the landlord.
    It's usually a good idea to keep the landlord on side, as they will be a victim of the ppc as well
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 November 2018 at 12:45PM
    nosferatu1001

Council want £50.00 for Highways Terrier, but they have sent me a very colourful map of adopted roads
  • Half-way
    Sorry I meant Management Company, I have a stage 2 complaint, with them, and they say they are not at fault, lets see if they change there minds, when I beat the Parasites in court
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They are clearly at fault, as your peaceul enjoyment has been harmed
    Thats tortoius interference with your lease, for which THEY are liable due to them taking on the PPC.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    markudman wrote: »
    nosferatu1001

Council want £50.00 for Highways Terrier, but they have sent me a very colourful map of adopted roads

If you end up having to pay the council, you simply add that to your cost schedule - that you should now be putting together as your case progresses.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I yes I have no problem in giving the council 50 quid if then in helps me beat them in court
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure