Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Morning :wave:

Welcome to the newbies :hello: Some great losses last week :T - even I managed 1LB.

:T well done chris!

It's amazing looking at the chart that we've lost 30+ lbs. in a week!:T
    Stoke wrote: »
    To members at target, is it easier to maintain than lose? Obviously once you're at target you don't have to worry about losing, but does a bad day affect you more weight wise than when you were bigger? I'm really keen to know this :)

In reality probably not but it feels like it because you're in this narrow window of just a few lbs. so very conscious of gains. That's why most people at target try to be right at the bottom of range as then there's 6lbs of leeway to allow for holidays or nights out or any other going off plan reason.

I suppose it does depend whether you intend to carry on going to WI when you get to target. If you don't then you can make your own mind up how far out of range you can trust yourself to go. This thread and/or going to group does seem to help staying at target. There are too many stories of people who lost and then put it all back on again.:(
    kadison wrote: »
    I have rejoined SW now after missing 3 weeks, I have a starting weight of 22 stone and want to lose as much as possible before my wedding next April.

My old consultant was covering the class and I've realised how much I miss her, so I've decided to find out which classes she does and go to one of those, even if it's the one at 7:30am on a Saturday morning! :eek::eek::eek:

I suppose if it is a Saturday morning, it'll make you behave on a Friday night.;)

If you read what missteach has achieved then you could lose loads by next April! It's great to have a goal in mind and what better than a wedding.:)

I'm out for a meal tomorrow with friends. I just had a quick look at the menu and I should be able to eat fairly low syn although I might have a glass of wine. Then there's Wednesday night when wine syns will be needed whatever happens. I don't feel as if I've lost much since I got back last week. Part of the problem is that because it's so hot I've been wearing really loose dresses so I can't rely on my usual 'clean jeans' test.;)Today I'm being good though.:)

Today's EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk
    L: cold pork with fried veg and pickles
    D: baked salmon, roast veg (aubergine, courgette, tomato, peppers, mushrooms, red onions, garlic, cauli) with new potatoes.
    Syns: NONE!!:eek:
  • kadison wrote: »
    I have rejoined SW now after missing 3 weeks, I have a starting weight of 22 stone and want to lose as much as possible before my wedding next April.

I've said before there's a woman in my class who has been attending for nearly 40 weeks & on Saturday got her 6st award
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Let's do it!!

I keep telling myself once the world cup is over, it'll be easier, but I know other things will get in the way. Hopefully not.

To members at target, is it easier to maintain than lose? Obviously once you're at target you don't have to worry about losing, but does a bad day affect you more weight wise than when you were bigger? I'm really keen to know this :)

Maman beat me to it! What she said. Although I would add that I can't remember the last time I reached bottom end! When I go on holiday I try to be at or just below target so I usually only have 3-4lb leeway; and as you have probably realised I tend to have longish holidays as well as frequent ones! Also often away for weekends.

I just stick to the mantra of Good when I can and careful when I can't and then when I get back I try to go straight back on plan and usually I'm still within range (just) or just 1/2 or 1lb over which I can lose the following week so still not need to pay.

As Maman says once you're at target you will find what works for you. For some, including me and Maman, weekly syns are the way to go so you can have more when you need to and cut back on the other days. I tend to have most of my syns over the weekend and then only a few Monday to Wednesday, with WI Thursday morning.

I ended up having my burgers in a bun as there was a WM roll leftover which I'd hadn't frozen so an extra 7 syns!

Tonight's carbonara will be syn free!

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all:D
    Kadison you have something to aim for so you will stay on plan i am sure.
    Kathryn, hope you stay away from hospital x
    Stoke, although i am at target and at the lowest i can go i HATE putting anything on:o i know its inevitable but thats me, i also go every week to group as i need the discipline. The first week after i got too target i put on 3 lb:eek::eek: for no reason what so ever so think thats why i am more careful, in an ideal world i would like to weigh the same every week , that is never going to happen:(
    Well done to the SOTW'S and thanks chris for chart:T:T
    Well done to all those that have lost:T:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    In reality probably not but it feels like it because you're in this narrow window of just a few lbs. so very conscious of gains. That's why most people at target try to be right at the bottom of range as then there's 6lbs of leeway to allow for holidays or nights out or any other going off plan reason.

I suppose it does depend whether you intend to carry on going to WI when you get to target. If you don't then you can make your own mind up how far out of range you can trust yourself to go. This thread and/or going to group does seem to help staying at target. There are too many stories of people who lost and then put it all back on again.:(
    Thanks for the reply. What's the range you have to stay in? Is it +-3lbs of your target? Like you said, I think my aim will be to be at the bottom of the range. I might even move my target weight lower.

I think I will continue to attend weigh-ins because I feel they provide a lot of my motivation. I don't ever want to put the weight back on and that will definitely be a challenge because I suspect it is easy to fall off the wagon once you've finally got to that final weight. That said, the weight won't pile back on in a day. I'm sure I read somewhere that even binge eating most days of the week, the likely maximum weight gain per week is something like 4-6lbs. To get back to my original weight would require weeks, perhaps months of constant binge eating. My hope and belief is that I can have a level of self control that I clearly didn't have before. It took 3-5 years for me to put it on. I am promising myself I won't make the same mistakes. I want to be able to enjoy myself within reason though and my hope is that once I stop losing, that will be more possible ;)

I know there's 'no-shame' in a bad week, but nobody is going to tell me they don't feel kind of crappy when they've had a gain, even a small one. Continuing to WI after target will remind me what I've been doing this for. The comfort in knowing that for a long time I was this utter mess and I've been able to turn that around, I hope, will be enough to put me off that unnecessary McDonald's on the way to work (one of my original kryptonites). I'll save the Maccies for when i'm desperate ;)
  • bubbs
    Thanks for the reply. What's the range you have to stay in? Is it +-3lbs of your target? Like you said, I think my aim will be to be at the bottom of the range. I might even move my target weight lower.

I think I will continue to attend weigh-ins because I feel they provide a lot of my motivation. I don't ever want to put the weight back on and that will definitely be a challenge because I suspect it is easy to fall off the wagon once you've finally got to that final weight. That said, the weight won't pile back on in a day. I'm sure I read somewhere that even binge eating most days of the week, the likely maximum weight gain per week is something like 4-6lbs. To get back to my original weight would require weeks, perhaps months of constant binge eating. My hope and belief is that I can have a level of self control that I clearly didn't have before. It took 3-5 years for me to put it on. I am promising myself I won't make the same mistakes. I want to be able to enjoy myself within reason though and my hope is that once I stop losing, that will be more possible ;)

I know there's 'no-shame' in a bad week, but nobody is going to tell me they don't feel kind of crappy when they've had a gain, even a small one. Continuing to WI after target will remind me what I've been doing this for. The comfort in knowing that for a long time I was this utter mess and I've been able to turn that around, I hope, will be enough to put me off that unnecessary McDonald's on the way to work (one of my original kryptonites). I'll save the Maccies for when i'm desperate ;)

Yes its 3lb either way , like i said i hate gains:( but we all have them :rotfl:you may as well get weighed each week is my belief as you paid all that money before and now its free:money:, so take advantage:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    If you lower your weight as to be at least 7lbs at a time
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Stoke if you do decide to lower your target wait until you are at bottom end for your current target and then you'll only need to lose 4lb to reach your new target:D. This of course means you'd probably only need to pay for a few weeks before you reached target again:money:.

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2018 at 8:11PM

Oh SSM - I want dosh to keep me from watching it....as every time I don't watch it England wins :rotfl:

So you will not be watching the next two games....:D:D:D:D:D
  • bubbs
    Tea and pudding, a quiche for lunches :D
    tea_007.jpgice_cream_001.jpg
    tea_006.jpg
  • So you will not be watching the next two games....:D:D:D:D:D

If I'm offered sufficient dress tokens not to :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family