Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Boo to the bonus that was a disappointment but i guess what you never had you wont miss

Happy Easter to you both
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    I love a bit of holiday dreaming, particularly the eye achingly beautiful white sands, and blue seas of the Whitsundays. Snorkelling the barrier reef off the Whitsundays was amazing...
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    try_harder wrote: »
    Boo to the bonus that was a disappointment but i guess what you never had you wont miss

Happy Easter to you both

Happy Easter to you too TryHarder :) hope you get to relax over the weekend :EasterBun
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Busy_Mee1 wrote: »
    I love a bit of holiday dreaming, particularly the eye achingly beautiful white sands, and blue seas of the Whitsundays. Snorkelling the barrier reef off the Whitsundays was amazing...

That's ones of the parts I cannot wait for- booking the overnight boat trips for the Whitsundays was just lovely- full on dreaming of beautiful waters, golden sands and all the coral! Two weeks until gfs swimming lessons start so we can feel more boat ready :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    edited 31 March 2018 at 3:51PM
    Yoga done this morning and a sainsburys shop all completed. Also went and bulk bought our BCAA powder from a local fitness store. £50 but should last us both a few months and we use it a lot, it's really good for keeping my post work-out headaches at bay. But £50!

Planning Kung pow chicken for dinner tonight which we both love, and I've got an Easter treat of kippers and a toasted brown roll for brekkie tomorrow :heartpuls the sainsburys posh ones were cheaper than the boil in the bag variety so thought we'd have a right treat!

Sainsburys have 25% off their clothes and I was tempted to get loads for holiday prep, but we have six months to go yet and my body shape will (hopefully) change a bit more before then with the gym plan and yoga, also before September will be all of the summer sales so I'm hanging tight and not getting excited yet.

I've updated my work benefit of shopping vouchers to Debenhams and John Lewis so I should have a nice chunk on the cards by the holiday to get some nice bits and bobs. Hopefully though my holiday wardrobe from our America trip will fit by then so I can just assess what I've got vs what I need and just fill the gaps

Everyone in the house is having an afternoon nap at the moment: Hugo, Oscar and the gf so I'm just reading forums and trying to Id more my dead leg from Hugo sleeping on it :rotfl:

Have a confession to make...we bought Brighton pride tickets for August so we are off to see Britney in Brighton in August. A friend lives in Hove so we have a free bed for the weekend (will get her something as a lovely gift) and potentially can use her parking space for £5 a day if the council haven't taken use of it for the weekend...:D
    So £100 spent on tickets for us both but should be a lovely weekend away and whilst Britney isn't my usual cup of tea it will be ace to see her perform!

Lots to look forward to this summer- Download festival in June (Guns & Roses baby!), Italian wedding in July, Brighton Pride and seeing my favourite band The Used in August, then Singapore & Oz in September. :D :j

Last day of the month so will check if anything to tilly tidy from the joint acct and can then declare totals for the 2018 mfw thread and update my picture calendar thing I made!

Hope everyone is having a nice chilled weekend and that the Easter bunny is good to you: :EasterBun
  • Kittenkirst
    £3.63 tilly tidied just now making the March OP total a nice £218.

That makes our 2018 overpayments a lovely £895.56 so far. Not too shabby at 30% of the target for the year. :j
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's a tough one... if it were me, I'd apply anyway. It gets the old CV out and is potential interview practice, and if you decide it's not worth the switch you don't have to take it. I was second choice for my new job as the first candidate turned it down. And of course, £10k is not to be sniffed at!

Your summer looks wonderful. Britney isn't my normal cup of tea either, but I'm of the age that I'd probably still enjoy the show. :D
  • Kittenkirst
    HI all, it's been a week since my last post!

This weeks been lovely- we were off work until Thursday and had gfs nephew visiting for two days which meant a fun afternoon at the local laser quest, a dinner at Frankie & Bennys and homemade pancakes in the morning :heartpuls: lovely to be able to treat the nephews like this :)

Gym and yoga are both going well- we've tried a few new recipes this week. I made some lean pork meatballs which worked well and made enough for one dinner for me coveredin a tomato sauce I made with courgetti. We've had the leftover meatballs with a gravy sauce, potatoes wedges and some veg. There is still another portion in the freezer so it made the mince stretch well

We have made the bodycoach a banana chocolate & strawberry muffins today which were scrummy for breakfast and we will try again. It's a great way to use up any dodgy looking bananas and extra fruit!

A small op of £1.2 credit interest has started the ball rolling this and I've contacted the bank to confirm the interest which was only £224.61 for March (£7.25 per day!) which is amazing compared to this time last year ( £387.44 which was £12.50 per day!) :money: :T :D;)

Off to check internet banking for any tilly tidy we can make today. :)
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    That's a great reduction in interest :T
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Daily Interest reduction comparisons are amazing aren't they. In May 2010 ours was £15.93, which makes feel sick, and now we're at £4.32!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure