Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Always happy to kick and be kicked Tink. It definitely feels like a good decision as now I want to focus on other things.

MTx
  • Ah, found your new diary muffintops :)

You seem to be focused as ever. However, I would say don't be ott on yourself as life is for living ( supposedly ) and I would imagine most of us can look back on things we did or didn't do in the past .

Yes it's still uncomfortably hot but apparently the temperature will drop a little over the weekend . It can be quite unbearable when you could be sweating like Diane Abbott being asked the 2x table on question time .

Looking forward to seeing how your plans pan out ,from decorating and beyond .

Keep it together :)
  • MuffinTops
    Thank you AC. I am feeling like focus is becoming a priority again. Being here helps.

I did laugh at your sweat analogy. :rotfl:

I'm hoping to catch up on your goings on this weekend.

MT
  • MuffinTops
    I'm being much better on personal spends so far, although I can't shout too loud as it's only the 3rd day of the month. I just feel more aware of what I'm buying.

Yesterday was nice as I had arranged an informal interview between a fella on my training course last week and one of my colleagues. I did have to buy a coffee for myself as I got there first, and that came to £3 !!! It was at the coffee place at the bottom of the Gherkin. It was a lovely area to sit out in though. The interview/informal chat seemed to go well, although I'm not sure they're going to be a great match. We'll see. I've been told that if they are then I'll get a finders fee, but I'm being very good at not interfering now they've met and chatted. I then got taken to dinner in a lovely restaurant in Leadenhall Street. During the meal my colleague had to make a call to his partner and the women at the table next to us gave me such a look of disdain that I think she assumed we were there to be naughty!!!! The very idea !!!!!

Today I'm hoping will be quiet, to ease me into a productive weekend at home!

We're in for more sunny days this weekend, so I hope everyone has the chance to really enjoy it.

MTx
  • MuffinTops
    I'm keeping on top of budgets and feeling quite pleased with the progress. Work is getting me down, but nothing new there. I've made some decisions on the future though which mean that I need a really good clear out. Beyond minimalist really. This life I'm in isn't one I'd choose so I want to work towards a life that fits me better. Small steps forward for that, but as long as I'm moving in the right direction, that's what counts.

Nothing much more to report. I have a craft day booked on Sunday which is already in the budget. Food and drinks provided, plus they have a beautiful dog that loves attention so I'm looking forward to that. The rest of this week is likely to be a quiet one.

I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine. It's meant to break tomorrow and we could be in for storms! I hate storms, but I feel like we need one to release the tension in the air.

Happy Tuesday.

MTxx
  • MuffinTops wrote: »
    I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine. It's meant to break tomorrow and we could be in for storms! I hate storms, but I feel like we need one to release the tension in the air.

That will be sooo nice, I love the heat but it gets too much after a certain point.

Have a great day x
  • Glad we are going to have a cooler spell . Not just for us that are not too keen on the humidity, but the poor animals .
    Seems like the job is in the way of your future plans MT, not sure if you could have a few days off just to have a break from it .
    Having said that, I have a feeling you won't tolerate much more and hopefully your new plan will workout when you are ready .
  • MuffinTops
    Well we had a small storm last night to relieve some of the melting of people t108019.gif, and the weather this morning felt so much nicer. It's a shame I couldn't get under the duvet this morning and forget about work!

Thank you Purplemumof2. I hope the weather has cooled off a little for you too.

Hello AC. Lovely to see you here. How are you? I can't take any time off work at the moment as I've used up all of my holidays. I've even had to ask for some unpaid time off.
    I definitely feel like work gets in the way and then have to remind myself that this is what everyone goes through.
    Yes, those poor animals who can't take their little fur coats off (and who also hate storms) must be suffering in this weather.

I've created a new account on my YNAB for various future things. I have a mental block right now on getting a loan, but I decided to "owe it to myself" to get a certain amount and so I've made it a deficit in my YNAB that I can pay off. I'm better at paying off than saving, and I hate seeing minus figures or red categories, so I think it will push me on. I've done the same for home updates.

So, happy Wednesday everyone. Let's hope for a good night's sleep in this cooler weather.
    h07147.gif
    MTxx
  • At last...cooler weather :j:j:T
    Should sleep better tonight ,as we haven't had a storm down here yet. In theory , the rest of the week should be better because of the change in weather . Plus it's midweek :)
  • No storms up North yet MT. I wish it would to clear the air. Today could the the day though as it has gone really dark outside.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business