O2 Complaint Advice

I signed up to a 12 month sim only contract with O2 on the 28th August. Cancelled it on the 5th September, within their 14 day cooldown, and asked for written confirmation. I never received the confirmation. Contacted again, same thing. It’s not in my junk or spam. In the end, the only written confirmation I got was from a live chat where I kicked off and they said “My supervisor will cancel within 24 hours.” I took a screenshot.

Fast forward about a week, I then had a bill for £251, which proves emails to my address are arriving. I immediately phoned, they said it was an error, it would be resolved. 15 minutes after that conversation, the bill that I had 4 days to pay 20 minutes ago, now said it was overdue and I’d be charged a late fee on top of the £250.

I complained to O2 via their email complaints address on Saturday 14th in the early morning. How long should I wait for a response?

What happens if this effects my credit score? I’m 20, and I’ve got a great credit score and loads of credit. I don’t want O2 to ruin it.

Besides waiting for a complaint response, is there anything else I can do?

I don’t really want to phone again as everything they say on the phone seems to be lies and EE charge something like £1.50 a minute for O2’s customer service number.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• squirtoon wrote: »
    I signed up to a 12 month sim only contract with O2 on the 28th August. Cancelled it on the 5th September, within their 14 day cooldown, and asked for written confirmation. I never received the confirmation. Contacted again, same thing. It’s not in my junk or spam. In the end, the only written confirmation I got was from a live chat where I kicked off and they said “My supervisor will cancel within 24 hours.” I took a screenshot.

Fast forward about a week, I then had a bill for £251, which proves emails to my address are arriving. I immediately phoned, they said it was an error, it would be resolved. 15 minutes after that conversation, the bill that I had 4 days to pay 20 minutes ago, now said it was overdue and I’d be charged a late fee on top of the £250.

I complained to O2 via their email complaints address on Saturday 14th in the early morning. How long should I wait for a response?

What happens if this effects my credit score? I’m 20, and I’ve got a great credit score and loads of credit. I don’t want O2 to ruin it.

Besides waiting for a complaint response, is there anything else I can do?

I don’t really want to phone again as everything they say on the phone seems to be lies and EE charge something like £1.50 a minute for O2’s customer service number.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

First off use 0344 809 0202 which is charged at landline rates so will come off your minutes.

I would send a letter detailing everything and make it signed for.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport