Thoughts on Smarty? Is it the best unlimited deal at £18.75?

Switched to Smarty and pretty surprised how good this is for the price, currently on offer at £18.75 a month for life that gets you unlimited data, texts and calls. I think the offer ends on the 26th but this is the seond time they have had this offer in 2 months. They use the Three network and I am getting 24mb and 22mb upload and download speeds which is much faster than my home broadband.

Some highlights for me:

- 30-day contract
- Under £20 for unlimited with no throttling
- Good coverage from Three (3)
- Refer friends and get your unlimited data plan for free, even if they sign up for a £6.25 plan
- The only contract I know of where you get a free unlimited month per referral
- Usual hotspot, roaming available
- Easy dashboard number transfer

I know Three are offering 5G in their contracts for £20 but they are 12 and 24 in duration. The 30 day contract here makes this a good option and will take a while for 5G adoption and decent coverage anyway

You can get a free month to try out the unlimited plan on the MSE Refer Board

Is there a better deal than this at the moment for unlimited?

Comments

• Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We like it. One of us has unlimited calls for £5-ish, after the data rebate.
  • I switched to Smarty from Three a few months ago, and have generally been quite happy with coverage (Three had a dead spot where I live)

Biggest thing I miss is the Three feel at home for travelling abroad though, and I'd probably go back to Three for that when I moved out the black spot I live in!
  • After typing that, I've just realised Smarty is on the Three network. So I've no idea why my coverage seems to be better now ��
  • Only Smarty has the answer (one for the oldies)
  • TomPucci85 wrote: »
    After typing that, I've just realised Smarty is on the Three network. So I've no idea why my coverage seems to be better now ��

Three roll out 5G later this year, apparently the speed of 4G will also be pumped up with the new hardware installations. So I would expect your coverage and speed to improve further.
  • Unlimited data is heating up now

Smarty £18.75 offers pops up every two months.
    Vodafone unlimited 5G sim data
    Three all u can eat data with 5G
    Now EE joined the game with unlimited data for £34 a month.
    We all waiting for o2.
  • royalmike
    royalmike Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So at the moment its 25 a month unlimited should I wait for a price drop?
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Looks like a referral code to me. Not allowed here, only in Referrals board.
  • royalmike wrote: »
    So at the moment its 25 a month unlimited should I wait for a price drop?
    That cost is £5/month more than the Three 12 month “unlimited everything (inc unlimited tethering in UK)” 4G/5G SIM only price. So haggle or ditch and switch.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
  • That cost is £5/month more than the Three 12 month “unlimited everything (inc unlimited tethering in UK)” 4G/5G SIM only price. So haggle or ditch and switch.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

The 25% off comes around every month. It is only a 30-day contract on SMARTY though, with all the movement with data at the moment. I avoid those long 1-2 year contracts at all costs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure