PPI Reclaims not covered by the FOS

Options

Comments

• katie1
    katie1 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    just a update, I wrote to the FLA and they past my complaint on to Black horse and i have got a letter. They still say I havn't been mis-sold ppi and thats there final respones .

Any ideas what i should do next ?
  • m.colak
    m.colak Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Have spoken to black horse this morning relating to my original applications reference PPI and they told me as they had my signature on two bits of paper one stating optional PPI protection and another on a needs study that they were in the right and i couldn't claim. I asked about the needs study and although i said no to everything the one thing i said yes to which was would i want the loan paid out if i had critical illnesss or death. No what idiot is going to say no please charge my benefactor's the full amount of the loan. They are using this as the feasibility sudy into why i took PPI (as in i hadn't be mis sold) got quite angry and forgot to ask where was the part asking about what policies i already had as i don't believe that is included in their study. As for the signature on the optional PPI payment i stated that if someone had a gun to your head would you say yes or no. The i was coerced. Funny enough i expect to see the standard reply sitting on my carpet when i get home. Am going to fight this and will demand the paper work from black horse. It looks that they want to be taken to court.
  • petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    Could one of you guys with Lloyds TSB PPI have a look at your agreement and the Terms and conditions, if you have them, and tell me who provides the cover. It would be wonderful if TSB actually used an outside thrid party insurer.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • givenup
    givenup Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    m.colak wrote: »
    Have spoken to black horse this morning relating to my original applications reference PPI and they told me as they had my signature on two bits of paper one stating optional PPI protection and another on a needs study that they were in the right and i couldn't claim. I asked about the needs study and although i said no to everything the one thing i said yes to which was would i want the loan paid out if i had critical illnesss or death. No what idiot is going to say no please charge my benefactor's the full amount of the loan. They are using this as the feasibility sudy into why i took PPI (as in i hadn't be mis sold) got quite angry and forgot to ask where was the part asking about what policies i already had as i don't believe that is included in their study. As for the signature on the optional PPI payment i stated that if someone had a gun to your head would you say yes or no. The i was coerced. Funny enough i expect to see the standard reply sitting on my carpet when i get home. Am going to fight this and will demand the paper work from black horse. It looks that they want to be taken to court.

HI,

My claim is also with Black Horse as I was told quite clearly that unless I took the PPI I would not get the loan. I have just sent my 2nd letter with a request for the full amount plus 8% interest. I have also suggested that unless they offer to settle I will quite happily go to the press as I now know I was mis sold the PPI and will fight it all the way.

Please keep me updated with your claim against them.:j
  • katie1
    katie1 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    im losing the fight to carry on with Blackhorse i've not got enough "know" to keep writing back to them. could anyone out there give me a idea what to write in a last effort to get my ppi back.I really dont want to go the court way if it can be avoided.

so far i have written to them direct saying i feel i was mis-sold ppi, (got a not you wasn't letter)
    Then i wrote to FOS who couldn't help becuse it was before Blackhorse was members.
    Then i filled out a complaints form on-line through FLA who forward my complaint to blackhorse who gave me a Bigger get lost letter .

What next ?
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    This seems to be the situation I am in as my Halifax PPI which I am disputing was taken out in May 2001 which I believe is below the FOS took on responsibility for it. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if need be, I'm going to Court over this as the Halifax have sought to justify my reclaim of £1911 of premiums by sending me a copy of an application form that wasn't even in my handwriting and was factually inaccurate. It could easily have been cobbled up last week for all I know! Regardless, I'm happy that I have a decent case against them, and although they have said, "Take it to the Ombudsman", I believe I'm outwith that timeframe.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    dont give up Katie. You will win.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • m.colak
    m.colak Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Just to give you an update to what i've found out about the PPI blackhorse "sold" me. They deemed that it was valid at the time as i filled in a demands and needs questionaire signing the bottom half of it and also signing the contract relating to the Loan therefore in their eyes agreeing to the PPI. I have pointed out that one i never required the PPI and therefore should never have been offered it. At no point was i asked if i had my own insurance (yes i had). The only major point i've put accross at them is that when the need's and demand's questionaire form was filled out the options were either yes or no. There was no not applicable selection. Am waiting for the next letter before i point out inconsistantancies in their replies so far. In both of which they have drawn attention that i must of received the forms and signed them and returned them. Not so as i signed the forms in the offices of black horse and therefore there was no full explaination of PPI given.;) Will tell you what response's i get.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I too have had a similar fob off from First Reponse Finance, advising me that it was before they were regulated by the FOS and the General Insurance Standards Council.
    Their reponse to me was dated the same date as their acknowledgment letter, so their 'investigation' was very quick indeed!

I am planning to write back to them to challenge several matters from their letter.

I will keep this post updated.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    I too have had a similar fob off from First Reponse Finance, advising me that it was before they were regulated by the FOS and the General Insurance Standards Council.
    Their reponse to me was dated the same date as their acknowledgment letter, so their 'investigation' was very quick indeed!

I am planning to write back to them to challenge several matters from their letter.

I will keep this post updated.

Threaten them with court action!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills