MSE News: Brantano goes into administration: what it means for you

Options
Discount shoe retailer Brantano has called in administrators, becoming the first major retailer to do so after a tough Christmas for high street shops...
Read the full story:
'Brantano goes into administration: what it means for you'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Knew about that yesterday ... it means: fewer outlets for slippers for old ladies.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Oh!

I liked Brantano, must admit I only bought from them when the big offers were on then they were the cheapest way to get Clarks school shoes. Delivery was good and it was easy to send back the extra sizes ordered to test fit.

The shops were helpful and once refunded a shoe bought online that we didn't like and buy something different and keep the online discount!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • bolzano
    bolzano Posts: 91 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Nooo! They are about the only shop anywhere near me to sell large size shoes :(
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    bolzano wrote: »
    Nooo! They are about the only shop anywhere near me to sell large size shoes :(

My son is size 15 and can get a limited number of styles from Wyndsors. For women, there is Evans, and for men, try Jacamo. I know it might mean internet shopping or a trip to somewhere further away, but there are a couple of options.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Damn we also like brantano for shoes, especially school shoes. They also do school pumps all year around when many of the other stores only seem to stock them in August/September.

The staff at our local store are lovely and brill with the kids hope they find a buyer for the stores :(

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills