Mulitple MoneySaving

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Jim Skelton posted this in the free USA flight with £24.99 bottle of wine at Sainsbury thread. I loved it so i thought i'd see if anyone else had similar stories of multiple moneysaving.

"It’s a great offer for me as I’m a single traveler and I am not too tied as to when I can take time off. Got the wine for £25 (which indecently is drinkable. Not quite as full flavored as a riojo and I’m not totally sure about the screw top!) I’m taking advantage of another offer advertised on this site that is sign up for a first direct bank account and get £25 cash. Which means that I end up getting 6 bottles of half decent wine and a return flight to the USA for nothing. How good is that?"
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    OK, I already posted on the insurance board, but does this qualify?

I used Martin's method and got £130 savings on car insurance for a new car with Sainsbury Bank.  They have a new car provision in their policy that is as good as the top-level GAP insurance for the first year.  So I don't have to buy GAP insurance (it isn't worth it for only years two and three) so I saved £350 on GAP insurance.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • Find something in Tesco that is incorrectly priced - quite simple if you keep your eyes pealed. Pay for it using internet vouchers - go to the cs desk to get an overcharged refund, keep product. Then next day take it back for a refund!! All above board and a wonderful way to make money using company policy if you have the nerve!! :-/
    Charles J
  • Jon_C
    Jon_C Posts: 465 Forumite
    I had been thinking about getting the Minolta Z1 digital camera for some time and watched as it came down in price in Boots from £300 to £230 and then £200.

I spent £158 on 200 hair shots from the Natural Collection range and with the 100 bonus points per item that meant I had enough to pay for the camera outright!

The cashier looked rather shocked. :D

As I get cashback on my credit card, I saved another pound or two as well.

Oh, and I did accumulate several '£100 off a holiday' vouchers along the way, although I don't know whether they'll prove useful.

The hair shots are being distributed between my girlfriend, both sets of our sisters and mums and my female co-workers, making me a very popular man. 8)

But most importantly, I tipped everyone I know (and readers of the provincial newspaper I work for) off about the Natural Collection offer at an early stage - hopefully saving a few people a few pounds and spreading the MoneySaving gospel!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Managed to do just this this week with a [glow=red,2,300]Boots Double Whammy !!!![/glow]

see http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Urgents;action=display;num=1090922169

Obtained a Free Boots £10 Electrical Beauty Voucher (min. spend £15) by paying for a £15 transaction in Boots purely with the [glow=red,2,300]advantage card points[/glow] I accumulated through the [glow=red,2,300]Boots Natural Collection 100 points [/glow]offer.

Used the voucher to part-pay for a Braun portable hair styler for my partner..... Normal cost £15:50....cost with voucher £5:50 (and I got advantage points on the £5:50).

[move][glow=red,2,300]Pablo_Money 1 - Boots 0 [/glow][/move]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport