Copenhagen any tips?

Soon going to Copenhagen any tips? places to go/ bus trips or tickets for a day/week/ good eating places/ free things too do etc.

thanks

Comments

• The best place to look is Tripadvisor. We’re going there in a couple of weeks on a cruise, and are hoping to do a walking tour. Again, Tripadvisor is a great starting point. I have also got the guide book Top 10 Copenhagen.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Our local library has plenty of up to date travel guides which are a good starting point.

A lot depends on how well stocked your library is nowadays.

As mentioned above, the Top 10 guides are very useful. If possible just take the library book with you.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Top tip. Have a healthy bank balance.

Great city for walking. Boat trip is worthwhile. If you get bored jump on a train to Malmo.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Last time I was there I used a pre-Airbnb type site to book an apartment in someone's house in a suburb for a week. Option of a bit of self-catering can save a lot. It was a 20 min 'commute' to the city centre each day. Malmo in Sweden is well worth a visit. Meals out are really expensive, I think a huge salad in one of the cafes overlooking the quaint harbour was the best possible value, even all the locals were getting them.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tivoli Gardens are wonderful. The oldest theme park, with modern rides inside the beautiful old exteriors.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    If you have time you can take a train up to Helsingor to see the castle which Shakespeare used in Hamlet. An excellent stop on the way would be he Louisiana Museum of Modern Art.

Another out of town trip that I enjoyed was to Roskilde.

I don’t think that either of these trips was a huge distance.

Within the city itself Christiania was a bit of an eye opener.

As has already been mentioned, it’s far from a cheap city.

(I think that you’ve put this in the wrong thread. You’re more likely to get responses in the general overseas thread if you can get it moved)
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks all excellent advice yes air b and b or uni accommodation looks good. yes have 3 books from library now!!

Malmo sounds great & salad in square & castle. thanks all.

Wonder if mods could move to correct place as don't know how or where to ask?

Wonder if there is a runaround all in ticket for bus/train?

off to work to read my books!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    buglawton wrote: »
    Last time I was there I used a pre-Airbnb type site to book an apartment in someone's house in a suburb for a week. Option of a bit of self-catering can save a lot. It was a 20 min 'commute' to the city centre each day. Malmo in Sweden is well worth a visit. Meals out are really expensive, I think a huge salad in one of the cafes overlooking the quaint harbour was the best possible value, even all the locals were getting them.

luckily flight was £12 return but may live on salads!!
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You can buy a City Pass Small, covering all buses, boats and trains within the inner zones for 200DKK for 72 hours. A pass covering most of Zealand is double that cost. https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/citypass

If you want to go to Malmo, Flixbus is really cheap. I'm going to Copenhagen in a couple of weeks and my return bus trip to Sweden has cost me less than £10.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    surfsister wrote: »
    thanks all excellent advice yes air b and b or uni accommodation looks good. yes have 3 books from library now!!

Malmo sounds great & salad in square & castle. thanks all.

Wonder if mods could move to correct place as don't know how or where to ask?

Wonder if there is a runaround all in ticket for bus/train?

off to work to read my books!

We didn't find Copenhagen much more expensive than London.

If you make it to Helsingborg there's a smashing street food place in a warehouse right by the old dock, now a museum.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure