No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2019

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    My first UU of the month:

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum 5ml sample WNB as a full size. This didn't impress me. People rave about Drunk Elephant, but this was just so boring. I don't feel it offered any extra hydration to my skin, and I think it was causing me to get a bit of congested spots on my forehead.
  • Afternoon all

Another UU for me

Daisy edt 50ml. Like this fragrance and WBA.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I visited ALDI at lunch time to buy the Smashbox primer for my work colleague as it's her birthday at the end of the month and wanted to ensure I could get it. They now selling an Illuninating version as well but I picked her up the original and a Soy Serum.

For myself I got the Q10 serum which I love, the Retinol Toner and Rose oil. Well worth trying if they save me some money in the long run.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I am trying to have a no-buy month this month, apart from essentials so it's a good thing that, though there are good offers on at Debenhams, my HG eye cream seems to be out of stock for the duration.

Then somewhere else sends me offers, then somewhere else, even if I unsubscribe to emails, it doesn't stop things popping up on Facebook and every other website! :cool::cool::cool:

Be strong Jess, be strong!!!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    UU Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Seaweed Volumising Conditioner WNBA I don't think I have ever used anything from this brand before, the conditioner was alright but I'm not wowed by it.

Demoted the shampoo to use when shaving because it's horrible! It did nothing for my hair and I feel like it brought out scalp acne.
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • I went into tk maxx. Is the dangerous shop for me full of temptation and inspiration. It was packed with people today and so only could look at a few things. I got some soap and philosophy miracle worker mask. If I stayed any longer I would have bought more.

Aldi had new items I bought the rose oil. The primer had a lot of silicone and as I'm still panning my Mac one I gave it a miss. I'm not great with primers. The glow tonic I didn't get as it was alright but not like the real Pixy one so I will finish what I have.

I really wanted a new fancy shower gel but have 3 unopened and just couldn't add to the stash. I used some fancy face
    soap wash as a shower gel. It was so bubbly I knew that it would not suit my face.
  • MsM09
    MsM09 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    May PP

[STRIKE]Lush karma shower gel 250ml[/STRIKE]
    Sanctuary spa moisturiser 30ml
    [STRIKE]Rose toner 30ml[/STRIKE]
    Barry m primer
    This works mask moist and prime
    [STRIKE]Dirty dusting powder
    Wonderlash mascara[/STRIKE]
    Benefit porefessional
    [STRIKE]Conditioner x1[/STRIKE]
    Hand moisturiser (one of the many in my bag!)

May should have been better! I tried posting my empties a few times but my account has had some issues so it never uploaded. My stash is down to 223.

To add to the above for June:

Mitchum deodorant
    Super drug glycolic wipes
    1x shower gel
  • I finished my moisturiser. Only five jars to use up.

I bought a beauty blender. It's frighteningly expensive but the also knock off caused a dire make up day. I was using the real techniques but have used it for a few months and has damage.

The aldi one made me look terrible. It didn't blend and all the makeup sat on my face like a Victoria wax doll. I was a horror. Bad day. The make up was an epic fail. I think the also sponge works well for max factor pan stick foundation. Modern foundation not so good.

It feels crazy to spend so much on a sponge but hopefully it might give more good days than bad.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    ponypal wrote: »
    UU Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Seaweed Volumising Conditioner WNBA I don't think I have ever used anything from this brand before, the conditioner was alright but I'm not wowed by it.

Demoted the shampoo to use when shaving because it's horrible! It did nothing for my hair and I feel like it brought out scalp acne.

Funnily enough I really like this range, the shower gel and body lotion is a HG for me but I also liked the shampoo and conditioner.

I finished my moisturiser. Only five jars to use up.

I bought a beauty blender. It's frighteningly expensive but the also knock off caused a dire make up day. I was using the real techniques but have used it for a few months and has damage.

The aldi one made me look terrible. It didn't blend and all the makeup sat on my face like a Victoria wax doll. I was a horror. Bad day. The make up was an epic fail. I think the also sponge works well for max factor pan stick foundation. Modern foundation not so good.

It feels crazy to spend so much on a sponge but hopefully it might give more good days than bad.

It's weird isn't it, you would think a sponge would be a sponge. Hope it works for you.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    uu

Revlon Equave Leave in Condtioner 500ml - one of these last me years, I used to buy them from Amazon but have been boycotting them for at least 4 years. Good value and WMBA.

Philosophy Pure Grace Shower Gel 480ml - loved this. The body lotion and perfume are still going.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family