Which Oral B toothbrush

2»

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Toothsmith wrote: »
    I don't actually like Sonicare brushes that much. The 'ultrasonic' cleaning action doesn't come out well in clinical tests. Certainly not as good as the Oral B action. They are more expensive, and replacing the heads is a lot more expensive.

I would never tell anyone to throw one in the bin if they have it - but I do suggest they switch to the Oral B when it comes to the end of it's life.

Interesting.

My previous dentist always recommended sonicare. I'll ask my new dentist for his views next appointment.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Did he sell them?
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • silvercar
    Toothsmith wrote: »
    Did he sell them?

You are so cynical. No he didn't sell them.

Saw a hygenist yesterday and she said that sonicare are higher rated but she thinks it is easier to get the angle right using oral B, particularly on the inside of your teeth.

Will ask my dentist when I see him later today.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I must admit, if I see someone doing a good job, be it Sonicare, Oral B or manual - then I wouldn't really suggest anyone does or gets anything different. It's only if someone is struggling with oral hygine I try and suggest methods or products that might help.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 July 2017 at 1:07PM
    Bought a backup/replacement (my current one is needing more frequent recharging) in Tesco as they are selling them along with other stores 1/2 price and I was able to use one my Tesco price-off grocery vouchers.
    I would just recommend the Cross Action replacements heads.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • silvercar
    silvercar wrote: »
    You are so cynical. No he didn't sell them.

Saw a hygenist yesterday and she said that sonicare are higher rated but she thinks it is easier to get the angle right using oral B, particularly on the inside of your teeth.

Will ask my dentist when I see him later today.

Dentist said that he and his family all use oral B, that sonicare was good but he's not sure its worth the extra ££.

In other dental news, I have finished my treatment course and now, at last, have my implant. It's been a long journey!
  • ElusiveLucy
    ElusiveLucy Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    I've just bought an Oral B Pro 2000 as I had a more expensive model before that did the different speeds etc and decided that all I needed was the timer and the "pushing too hard" indicator. Happy with it so far although it came with a different head to the one shown on the Boots website with a pink centre and I don't like it as much as the cross action one, so when this one is used up I will be back on my cross action heads.
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • I have just started using the new Genius X toothbrush from Oral B and my goodness it is fabulous. Honestly my teeth have never felt so clean. It is simple to use and can be charged in the usual way or with a usb cable in the case. You can use it along with the Oral B app to ensure you are brushing correctly, too hard etc. The various settling make sure it suits everyone's needs, It's great! I highly recommend.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    You resurrected a 2 year old thread to tell us that. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure